Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robokits copied product discription for omni wheel from nex robotics

Angry Robokits copied product discription for omni wheel from nex robotics

Nex Robotics is the first company to introduce omniwheels in INDIA.

When robokits uploaded the omniwheels they have simply copied the product discription from NEX Robotics website.

Check the following links:

NEX Robotics:
    http://www.nex-robotics.com/products...wheel-4cm.html

Robokits:
    http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php...roducts_id=284

:-)

Junior Member Newbie

Whats the point of this thread ???

They copied description ? soo .... Its not Nex invented it or has a patent of it.

Also Omni wheels are available since very long time back ... looks like u just were living under a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    ... looks like u just were living under a rock.
    @Freeloader: That comment is totally uncalled for.

@Sachitanand Malewar: Looks like both of them got their text from wikipedia (clickie). The entire description in the Nex website is a mashup of the text from the wikipedia article (which is okay, as it's free to reuse).

Regards,

Debu

Robotics India will not play judges to such disputes

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Whats the point of this thread ???

They copied description ? soo .... Its not Nex invented it or has a patent of it.

Also Omni wheels are available since very long time back ... looks like u just were living under a rock.
    You have to respect others intellectual property. You can not just copy somebody's text and put it on site for commercial purpose.

You have to respect copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by debu View Post
    @Freeloader: That comment is totally uncalled for.

@Sachitanand Malewar: Looks like both of them got their text from wikipedia (clickie). The entire description in the Nex website is a mashup of the text from the wikipedia article (which is okay, as it's free to reuse).

Regards,

Debu
    If you check NEX Robotics text, it is not exact copy of wiki. But text on robokits is exact copy of text on nex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachitanand Malewar View Post
    If you check NEX Robotics text, it is not exact copy of wiki. But text on robokits is exact copy of text on nex.
    I can understand your feelings and anger. Similar event happened with me when one of the local Pune based training institute has copied the AVR syllabus which I have typed (not copied) 100% on my own. They did published it on the web and printed too.

Later we made him change it.

One should respect other's efforts (even though it is of editing).

Also the webmaster of robokit will find it difficult with google, as google knows that your content was published first and later by the robokit, so their site ranking will come down certainly. Google can not accept junk data (100% copied data) and do mark the site on negative list.
    8051, AVR, PIC Development Boards & Programmers and much more starts from Rs. 10 onwards @ www.deccanrobots.com

Senior Member T-1000

Which reminds me of a joke...

During an exam Santa was copying from Banta whatever the latter was writing on his answer sheet. To a particular question, Banta writes "I don't know the answer". And Santa writes "Neither do I".
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Senior Member Android

LOL and someone said roboticsindia is getting boring.

@Sachitananda Malewar : You pointed out a foul play, but what do you intend to do about it? Sue robokits for plagiarism?? You know quite well that something as insignificant as a product description doesn't make much difference. Its the product sale that counts. If you know your product is better, sells more, then you shouldn't be bothered. By the way, are you sure that you have "copyrights" for the product descriptions on your website??

@Nivedita: Wow, copied the whole syllabus!! Now thats a reason to be angry (No sarcasm).

@MohitM: Leave it to Mohit to change the mood of a thread

It was boring till yesterday!!!
    Redefine it your way!!!!