Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omini wheel

Default omini wheel

I have seen pastly omini wheels on various sites but i dont know what type of material is used for manufacturing?
    does is it made from plastic or steel or iron ?any idea
    Moderator : If this is the not right place then please move it correct place

Regards
    Suresh

Its definately not a metal else it could be some variant of plastic hard or maybe plastic.Its pointless because omni wheels are available in so much types that you cant just point out one material instead you should give the link of some particular omni wheel if you have a doubt.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

please post your thoughts with the following
    1. nex-robotics.com/products/wheels-and-belts/omnidirectional-wheel-10cm-heavy-duty.html
    2.robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=57&products _id=284

this are two however i am planning to manufacture the nex robotics type but can you give some helpful hints what should be the diameter of rim and the hole shaft etc.I may think this will depends upon needs but please give some suggestions
    for materials: we have experience and know everything which type should we use for the purpose and cost.

Regards
    Suresh

Senior Member Android

Quote Originally Posted by endlasuresh View Post
    i am planning to manufacture the nex robotics type
    LOL Careful Suresh, Or Nex might post another thread on how you copied their omniwheel.

Blog Entries

Best you order from them and use them as samples.
    Vikas Patial

Quote Originally Posted by lolman_returns View Post
    LOL Careful Suresh, Or Nex might post another thread on how you copied their omniwheel.
    no problem
    We dont copy other designs or we dont reproduce such types
    I can apply my own designs etc but i never seen this wheel and i may ask the same person to get one.
    Their are several types to change such as diameter and the shape etc
    same omini wheel from robokits
    acroname.com/robotics/parts/R97-4CM-POLY-ROLLER.html
    same omini wheel from nex robots with some changes
    robotshop.com/vex-omni-wheel-8.html

vikas
    I may get one later or shall ask the same company

Edit
    moderator close this thread i will be using other thread to discuss which is active
    Last edited by endlasuresh; 05-30-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries

This is the copy-each-other-and-increase-competition era.... none of the above have any Patent on the Omniwheel. infact , they are copies of other existing products worldwide.

The Omni wheel can be made very easily. No need for expensive mould/ die-casting etc.,
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

Please look at Dagu for sourcing such stuff . It is a chinese company with good quality products.

These guys are in their own trip with crazy overpricing of products !!! You can get them from About Rs 200 with duty paid from china. Though ull have to order more like 10 - 20 though.

Itll still be cheaper than buying 3 for your robot from Indian companies atleast for now .
    Vikas Patial

docel

This is the copy-each-other-and-increase-competition era.... none of the above have any Patent on the Omniwheel. infact , they are copies of other existing products worldwide.

The Omni wheel can be made very easily. No need for expensive mould/ die-casting etc.,
    have you made any types of those wheels products etc. manufacturers wont sell like 50 or 100.Both companies have more prices because theirs no company to compete it.
    chineese vs indians companies have huge difference
    Chineese companies they make products neatly just like the electronic kits which we cant get soldered.

For a manufacturer i may think it will cost only around 50 rupees or even below but i have never seen so unsure.As from the weight of the product i am saying

Regards
    Suresh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by endlasuresh View Post
    have you made any types of those wheels
    Regards
    Suresh
    ....make them all the time- from car seat beads to rubber hose-pipes and bangles.
    That 800bucks OmniWheel from the above links is the easiest to make - just 8 L-clamps, rubber pipe & superglue.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com