Thread: Easy source for Dc gear Motor with encoder

Default Easy source for Dc gear Motor with encoder

Hi ,
    One generally finds stepper motors in Printer carriage and paper feeding mechanism. I found that HP printers use Dc motors with high quality encoder to achive the same. This could be a GR8 source for motors and sensors at cheap price. Today I picked a HP printer (old) just for 100 Bucks. Thought it worth sharing with you gays !!!!!

Cheers
    Asimov

Wow , that was really great!
    I too like salvaging components from CheepoJunks !!

Blog Entries

Would love some PICS !!!
    Vikas Patial

Hi All ,
    Here are the Pictures for the Linear and circular incremental Encoder. Wait !!! how do I upload the pictures ? Using the button while posting this post? For that I have to upload the picture on some web page or what?

Asimov

I was in 8th class when i salvaged a HP printer.It also had a DC motor bigger than the normal Geared ones.It was pretty fast but was heavy & low on torque.It had a encoder in form of a circular transparent sheet with black dots.I was small when i got it so i didn't knew the meaning of encoder & though it was useless so dumped it but i still have the motor.I will soon post some pics.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

These Printers are rated to run at 32 V to get the maximum torque from these motors!!!!!

Asimov

Power connector for printer has 3 pin in this order 16v GRND 32v .The torque is definatly low. It has 3 pins.To run it i supply voltage to first 2 pin from left.No idea about third pin.
    Redefine it your way!!!!