Thread: 3A H-Bridges in Bangalore

Default 3A H-Bridges in Bangalore

I used to use L298 to drive steppers; I just realised that it wastes half the power it consumes by pushing half the current through the current sense pins. I found a bunch of alternatives - notable LMDxxxxx chips. But as is generally the case, these might not be available here in Bangalore.

The Ideal H-Bridge driver for me, would be a quad half H-Bridge driver able to handle 3A per H-Bridge, and possibly with low power dissipation current sense circuit - LMD18200 comes close - and most important of all, it must be available at SP Road. Sort of a L293 capable of handling 3A, but not a L298.

What has been your experience on this ?

Akshay

Try making one with Transistor.Try your luck with TIP 122.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Blog Entries

5A Hbridge .. http://www.ikalogic.com/shm_int_h_bridge.php based on TIP 127/122
    Vikas Patial

Yeah, well this was the first thought that struck my mind. I don't find etching PCB's very neat - must be my printer; and making four of these out of veroboard and lots of solder is surely going to be a very big pain.
    Any other ideas ?

Senior Member Android

No solutions for laziness.

Blog Entries

@lolman
    There is ... money ... when you dont want to build it Buy it.
    Vikas Patial

For the H-Bridge Ic's try Om Electronics or Vishal Electronics in SP Road. If you don't find it in these two places, you will not find it anywhere else.

If you want to get PCBs fabricated at cheap prices visit www.probots.co.in/index.php?main_page=page&id=4
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

Quote Originally Posted by akshaysrinivasan View Post
    Yeah, well this was the first thought that struck my mind. I don't find etching PCB's very neat - must be my printer; and making four of these out of veroboard and lots of solder is surely going to be a very big pain.
    Any other ideas ?
    Its not much of pain also.It'll take you about 1/2 hour in one circuit board.Try it.You will also definitely improve your soldering.
    Redefine it your way!!!!