Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motor with l293d rotating slowly and jerking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 007roy View Post
    Sir .I accept i have bitten more than i can chew .But once i am in between a project i wont quit no matter what .
    That is quite a commendable attitude Roy - Keep it up !!! It is the ONLY way one can achieve success...

Now it is not clear what you did:
    1. did you connnect +5v to only one input and all the outputs went to +12v ?
    What happens when all the inputs are Low ?

2. If you 'shorted" the Op pin to the Gnd pin, as it happens accidently while measuring with a DMM, the outputs will be fried instantly.

3. You get wrong readings while measuring V from -ve to output pin. You must measure between the Output pins.

4. If the OP goes to hi with the inputs low, then the Chip is fried. it will also happen if the pins 4,5,12,13 are not properly grounded.

5. Check the op logic with a new IC with out connecting anything to the input pins. With no input, the Output should be around .8v to 1.6v with reference to Ground. When ONE of the inputs is high, only the corresponding Output should go high.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

still..

cant you give a BIGGER circuit dia?
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

There is something fishy about the motors .I connected an ammeter and it was showing stall current is some 3 amps and running current was some 1.2 amps .Even though the site i bought them from mentioned otherwise .Will check it out today once again and confirm .

Blog Entries

Aahh...... That will teach you to "check" the motors before connecting it to the Driver

THis means that the Motor has fried the L293D as it exceeds the current of 600ma max. along with the battery voltage dropping below useable thresholds.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com