Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROBONOVA - was designed by an Indian 18 year old!!

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

Default ROBONOVA - was designed by an Indian 18 year old!!

How many knew the Robonova was made by an Indian? that too an 18 year old? So was the bioloid. They were originally named 'A SET', but the name was a bit too bad commercially, so they changed it into Bioloid and ROBONOVA.

check this out - (see what the creator has to say - scroll to 2:30 - 3:00)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/audio-...e2-575400.aspx
    http://getahead.rediff.com/slide-sho...oid-robots.htm
    Last edited by allbits; 08-16-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Blog Entries

Angry The diwakar vaish isotope fraud !

...sorry- I missed the April 1st news papers....

Sooo many hush-hush things going on in my Country, eh???
    Last edited by docel; 08-17-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

These companies should sue his ass for a million dollars atleast. Really pathetic ...

Indian Media is screwed !!!
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

Default Is Diwaker Vaish the greatest con artist ?

Is this diwaker guy claiming on TV that he made the Robonova and the Bioloid ? Strange !
    This guy is all over the internet with wild claims.

Looks easy enough to become famous. Buy a kit, change some color, add a name ( preferably your Sponsors) claim you designed/programmed it yourself , become famous.

But then- where are the real true kids who have made stuff themselves with their own hands???

I know nothing about any International Robotic competition where 40 countries participated in Delhi?
    Does any one from Delhi know of this event ?
    I searched Quanta2009 but did not find it there either..
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

Blog Entries

To me it looks like a PR stunt by sharda university. Only in india do we have cars running on water, Petrol from herbs , Rs 500 computers ... and our dumb media covers it .
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

Quite possible, seeing the timing of sharda University is Ad perfect for their current year Admissions.

I was surprised to read, see and hear all the nonsense about Diwaker Vaish claims. He openly says he designed the Isotope and programmed it himself on the live News channels, when all he has done is buy the ready kits from ROBONOVA and BIOLOID. all that he has done is add red color , change the name plate to A-SET ( his sponsor) thats all.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

His claims, as I saw in various websites/newspapers/you tube videos..::

1) First dancing ROBOT in the world!!
    2) He designed EVERYTHING from scratch
    3) He cannot disclose the total amount for the yellow (Robonova) because of sponsorship issues, but says the research cost came to more than 5 lakhs..!! (the robonova costs around 50K USD)
    4) He expects to win an event at FIRA. If he is let in at FIRA competitions with a robonova or a bioloid, I would assume FIRA is fraud as well.
    5) He claims to be the only entry from India at the FIRA!!

and a lot more.
    lot lot more.

Is it that the guy is plain dumb? How stupid can he be to assume no one in India knows about Robonova? How stupid cn be the sponsors? How stupid can be the media?

Imagine the sponsorship he might get for this fraud. And he has started to give workshops too. alright. in what? assembling from a kit?
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Some days ago when my dad was reading newspaper he told me to go through this article.After i read it my dad said that you should do something like this something big don't just make some crappy robots of no use make something like this.Then i told him everything about this guy and how fake he is.He said that the media isn't a fool.

This shows that our indian media show these things just for the heck of it.They actually don't do their homework.They easily catch when two popular actors wear same shoes but don't have any idea what actually A-SET is................

Many times I see technology related news on TV and the news channels just show people for TRP and are not giving actual knowledge.Some days ago i saw a college guy had mad ea remote controlled car.Car here is referred to as Maruti Omni.The used a old maruti omni and put some electronics and motors in it and actually made it remote controlled.It wasn't fake he had actually worked on it and made it almost from 2nd hand things.I really appreciated that day that how the guy told everything to media i could be seen from his talk that he had made it.

I completely agree with vikas that these companies should case on him.This is a big insult for actually Indian hobbyists.

People should work for the benefit of community not for money and fame.
    Last edited by akshay66; 08-17-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

I too got excited when i read the thread name. Sadly this person is fake and Indian Media gave it such a big coverage without checking the credentials.

Junior Member Newbie

Looks like another Ankit Fadia in the making ... Scammers