Thread: Simple wireless transmitter

Default Simple wireless transmitter

Hi guys, I haven't worked on an wireless projects so don't know much about the practical stuff...

I have a project where i have to send a signal to turn two switches on and off (each switch is independent of the other switch) wirelessly from a distance of about 100 meters. The communication is only one-way, there is not going to be feedback of any sort.

Both the transmitter and receiver should be as simple as possible, and as small as possible. So guys how should i proceed?

Thanks.

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

--> use HT12D/12E pair (Rs 60 per pair@ bangalore) and a cheap OOK module (Rs 250) and some components (Rs 20)
    --> or use IR, with the same encoder/decoder pair.

The size comes to around 5cm x5 cm for each board on either side. If you want to make it smaller, use SMD.(I Have not used SMD for 12D/12E)
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

As allbits told best solution is to use 12D,12E, IR/RF modules
    Ready made remotes with 4 relay boards are also available. That can be used very easily.
    I used similar for a remote gate project.
    It has a small beautiful key chain type remote control with battery and a small receiver board with 4-relays, and can be ON/OFF by pressing corresponding buttons on the remote from a distance up to 100 mtrs.
    Knowledge is nothing but Experience
    Experience is nothing but Involvement
    www.kerarobot.com

I agree tht ready made 2channel,4chanel.8channel and 12 chanel RF remote controlled modules are avilablein the market wt a range of approx200mtrs i had picked up thsese things from hyderabad in koti ((roland electronics