Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap microcontroller these days ...

Senior Member T-1000

i gave this proposal to vikas because he mostly require stuff for professional use. So for people like us it doesn't matter where on the planet it is sourced. What we look for is great quality and low cost.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

89V51RD2 is the best i've ever worked with.It lacks on ADC but i rarely use it.Best thing about it is that it does not need a programmer if flash magic bootloader is burnt.

It was for 110 back in november i had bought 5 pcs.

http://www.nskelectronics.in/development_boards.html

I use the USB one its for 550 with cable and its awesome i can program it with any laptop( no tried on windows 7).Moreover, for UART i've made 2 projects the code is damm easy and i didn't face any problem.It worked in my first trial only.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Blog Entries

Problem with ST / other similar little known uC's is that i love to copy paste and not reinvent wheel ... So a more common processor is a better bet.

BTW i really like avinah_g suggestion of the USB PIC , might order and use it in some other projects.
    Vikas Patial

I was also interested in the ST M8S discovery kit. It is quite cheap and is available with kitsnpares , but i had doubts on the ide and information online. I have tried PICs and the 8051 core, and now recently i am evaluating some TI Microcontrollers. They have a product called MSP 430 launchpad at $ 4.30, which houses a 14 pin micro with 10 I/O lines and a on board programmer. It may not be enough for number crunching, but i would like to use it in smart sensor applications

Senior Member Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    BTW i really like avinah_g suggestion of the USB PIC , might order and use it in some other projects.
    @vikas and avinah_g : had you request samples of these, i am in process of doing it. I had no experience with pic or pic direct. Do there samples attract custom. And will this PIC can be program with local made pic programmer. And avinah_g how is its performance if you had used it before.

Guys if you plan to order in bulk plz let me know also i would love stock some of these as they sound promising.

@stm32f10x. I had used them extensively, i consider it as best MCU (stm32f103rb) i had used so far. About porting of code, what i found its very easy. we had used our codes based on zilog, atmel avr,lpc directly on to stm by just doing register mapping ofcourse (which is very easy on it). And its been supported with tons of drivers. like all ARM because of ram, processor it all seems flexible. And on INR 200 something (100+ quantity) with 20kb ram, 72MHz, USB, CAN, RTC, lot of GPIO it is a good pack.
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Blog Entries

@shobit

Number crunchin on a budget you can give XMOS a try , i did order kits but never got time to try them. These babies are like 400 MIPS @ 7 USD , and G4 comes with 4 Cores so 1600 MIPS @ 16 USD .
    I was very impressed with the throughput's shown in some reference projects.

@ shashank

I simply order from uC Direct , takes 3-4 days in delivery from thailand , they charge duty in advance. Never really bothered with samples as too much effort to get them according to me.
    My last attempts at PIC USB was with 18f2550 , and i have pick kit 2. it costs 2x more than one suggested.
    Vikas Patial

@ Vikas, i am not looking for number crunching right now, but it will be nice to read about it.

@ shashak Microchip charges you $ 7.50 for every sample order. Maximum 2 types per order. Since i am not looking great quantities , it works ok for me. I order only when i need it for some projecct

HI Akshay,
    How has ur experience been with http://www.nskelectronics.in/development_boards.html

I am planning to some order for 2500 INR. Is this shop reliable and goos?

Asimov

The board is fantastic.The PCB is also good. The only problem that i had was while installing the USB driver.You can download it right now before buying and check whether it works or not.

I didn't order it online.One of my cousin brother was working Bangalore so he got for me in his Delhi visit.No idea about payment and time taken to deliver.i think it'll take about 7-9 days to deliver because they don't have credit card system.Just call them once.
    Redefine it your way!!!!