Thread: where do I?

Default where do I?

I live in Gurgaon near Delhi.
    I need a vacuum pump, a van de graaff generator and a few gamma ray detectors.

Where can I get the stuff?

Blog Entries

Default hmm

U forgot ... Molecular accelerator !!!

Well ... what ur asking are very very specalized items .. I dought that they will be availible easily . Any how what do you need them for ?

Default Re: hmm

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    U forgot ... Molecular accelerator !!!

Well ... what ur asking are very very specalized items .. I dought that they will be availible easily . Any how what do you need them for ?
    I was thinking along the lines of a very small particle accelerator. Do you think building the graaff generator would be feasible? I want around 2-4 million volts.
    What about the gamma ray detectors and vacuum pump?

Also, I want to build a micro aerial vehicle for the intel competition?
    I need torches for welding and cutting the metal(aluminium), piezoelectric pressure sensors and probably some other stuff? Do you know where I can get these in India? If not in India, is there some place from where these can be imported?

Oops! looks like I forgot to log in. The Guest is me. Sorry for the mess up.

Senior Member Cyborg

Dude

Scintillation detectors easily surpass US$5000...dont even ask the shipping & customs charges!

I bet they'll also ask why do you want that for....

the vacuum pump should be easy to find.......but the mechanics of a particle accelerator are too tuff....you gotta combat corona discharge problems, maintaining low pressure

One question....what r u gonna do with a particle accelerator anyway?

for your UAV...you'll find everything in delhi alright