Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 320x240 LCD with touchscreen ....where to buy

Blog Entries

@avinash_g thanks

Have bought some of these , i bought after ur recommendation ... will see how things turn out

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-2-TFT-LCD-Modu...item2ead465ff4
    Vikas Patial

Hi Vikas, do let us know after you test the display. A small documentation on it would be helpful, if you plan to buy more of it in bulk quantity, i would like to get one too.

Senior Member T-1000

Hi Vikas,

You said you needed 2.8" display. But you have bought 3.2". Former was available for $28 only !

One thing with E'go China is that they have touch screen controller IC built in. They also have a SD Card Slot thats helpfull too.

A little problem with your selected model is that it has some icon built in the bottom of display. I really don't like those icon as they make ur product look like a China Phone. But its not a big problem, as they can be hidden with cover.

Better you could have bought this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/STM32F103VET6-De...item2ead2193e1

Everything ready to start in minutes. I recommended that because this is the first time you are using TFTs. It is much better if mess is minimum.
    Last edited by avinash_g; 11-27-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Blog Entries

Just want to test things right now , also the screen will go inside a casing , so these buttons can be hidden.

But one i bought for 30 USD is 88 USD today ... weired ? Maybe will have to try some other variant ... dont want to spend more than 30 USD on the screen.AS alternatives are there for 30 USD and less.

AS for the ST board the application im working on is DSP based, so im working with DS Pics ( dsPIC33FJ128MC804 with PMP ) ... ill first try and drive the LCD using them ( cause microchip is already giving most of the libraries free ).
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

But problem with Microchip Graphic Lib is that it only support TFT's that are expensive. For example the microchip uses the technique of External Driver chip, in this case the controller chip and GRAM are external component.

http://www.microchipdirect.com/Produ...rds=AC164127-3

On the other hand the Chinese TFTs are smart LCD with Controller and RAM built in using COG technology (Chip on glass) thus overall cost is very less. And the solution is thin too (must for portable apps).

So you have to write the low level driver yourself to support the ILI series TFTs
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in