Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 320x240 LCD with touchscreen ....where to buy

Blog Entries

Default 320x240 LCD with touchscreen ....where to buy

I am looking for a decent 320x240 LCD screen with touch screen for a product im building, the screen is needed for a touch panel.

Any recommendations guys ?

The driving IC will be 16/32 bit PIC or max a ARM 7 .

Here is on i had found -

http://www.thaieasyelec.net/index.ph...board/c_5.html ( USD 54 )

Or i was thinking of driving a 128x64 GLCD + a DS touchscreen as a display < Rs 1000 ( For a consumer product it looks cheap ).
    Vikas Patial

I guess you would have already considered this option, but for others' sake - SparkFun has a whole lot of Graphic LCDs and Touch screens, a few even with serial interface. But importing it into India might prove expensive even for a consumer product! Just check with SparkFun's Indian distributor, if they have them in stock or if they can get one.
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

Vikas,
    I guess finding the LCD won't be difficult. As for a toch screen u can use resistive touch type screen generally used in mobil phones. In Nehru place I had found a shop selling touch screens for industrial purpose but his screns were made in China..so can't say if they will last. In case you don't find anything I will mail you his shop details(I am too lazy to search for his visiting cards !!!!!)

ASimov

Blog Entries

im looking for 4.3 " to 7 " if he was selling those i will give him a visit ...

BTW everything is made in china anyway .
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

http://www.microchipdirect.com/Produ...id=13&treeid=6

I have used the daughter board with explorer16. Expensive, but a good buy. Its easy to use with 24fs, they have a solid graphics library and it s free.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Senior Member T-1000

Talking

@Vikas,

I am replying this because I have used one such display. One thing to care about is to confirm the controller IC used with the TFT. There are basically two type of controller IC used with TFTs.

One that has on board RAM buffer for the display
    Another one do not have on Board RAM.

The first one can be used with Cheap MCUs like AVR or PIC (even 8 bit) that don't have much RAM.

So only get the display whose exact chip name you know and that comes with datasheet.

I have a TFT with ILI9331 chip (it has on chip RAM for display buffer)
    Also the Touch Screen is a 4 wire resistive type. My board has ADS7843 TouchScreen Controller (SPI).

The board also has an ATmega32. I bought this board from a vendor in Shenzhen. I really don't like fooled by Local Indian Vendors. China has some amazing deals.

If you like I will PM you the contact.

Datasheet
    http://www.extremeelectronics.co.in/...ts/ADS7843.pdf
    http://www.extremeelectronics.co.in/...25DS_V0.35.pdf

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Ce7Ojp5wQ
    Last edited by avinash_g; 11-23-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Blog Entries

Maybe will have two variants for the product ...

128x64 GLCD with a hacked Phone touch screen ( xperia x1 is about Rs 250 on Dx ) .... will use with 8051 core

TFT 320x240 from thai one ... Rs 2500 / screen though will require a ARM 7 for a decent usage for LCD

@avinash - how much did you get it for and where ?
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

Please check out the datasheets and video for more info.

The video demonstrate the most basic Touch input (even without calibration), that's why the pixels are plotted some what away from the stylus!

Easy to find on Ebay.com (mainly sellers from China). At half the price of EasyThi.

But they are hard to use (But may be not so hard for pros like u.). Better Get the BlueSun from Easythi.

Mounting Touch Screen your self on a LCD is NOT so easy. During operation it may be get misaligned and thus require re-calibration. And it also look awful. For a small display like 128x64 better use a DPAD based GUI.
    Last edited by avinash_g; 11-23-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Avinash Gupta

Blog Entries

I am finally thinking of this one -

http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/v...t-proto-board/ ( about 3 - 5 $ more exp than Chinese guys )

Higher build quality and reliable vendor , i think a 2.8 " should be decent enough.

I already bought a few 128x64 GLCD ... but these displays look very projectish / industrial. Looks sell is what i believe ... so i will give TFT's a shot else GLCD are always there :| .

Will post previews when i have something .
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

Good find.

But the Board does not have a inbuilt TouchScreen Controller IC. So your project will become bit messy as you have to mount the IC. And I don't know about any Touch Screen Controller that comes in DIP pack.

If I were in your place, I would have gone for a board that has atleast Touch Screen Controller and an MCU on board (in addition to the TFT with Touch Panel). These kind of combo boards are available at low cost.

Another thing as far as Build Quality is considered the Chinese build are also top class. And Ebay.com is reliable than anything else!

ARM Cortex M3 core are HOT CPU these days, you may check out this combo
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STM32F103VET6-De...item2ead2193e1

Though I have NOT worked with that module but have purchased some other product from the same vendor. The quality was excellent.
    Avinash Gupta