View Poll Results: Do you recommend this shop ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 33.33%
  • No

8 66.67%
  • Cant Say

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robokits Review

Blog Entries

Default Robokits Review

This is for posting reviews and not discussions. All irrelevant posts will be deleted.

Site URL : http://robokits.co.in/
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

My review -

I have ordered from them a lot initially, They even sent me free stuff when i promoted them for free. But that was when they were new.Anyhow coming back -

The product quality is not comparable to what other vendors are offering today, even their pricing is way more expensive.

I have had bought boards from them which suffered from bad soldering and hence had to stop buying from them.

As of today , there are better and cheaper options out there ... also the product quality is not upto the mark based on my last purchase.
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

Agree with vikas,

Robokits was one of the earliest players in India, and I used to buy a lot of stuff from them initially, especially servos. Things used to be good once., but it is way too expensive these days. For example, I feel the dc motors with encoders are way too priced than it should be.

I have not purchased anything from them for long, but the lithium charger from them Worked pretty well. I remember buying it at around 1200 about two years back , but surprisingly it is priced at 2400 now.

http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php...roducts_id=233

I have no clue why.

Another good buy from them was the Li ion battery. @ 410, it is reasonably priced.

As for shipping and delivery time, they used to be reasonably fast, again, I am not sure how it is these days.

would rate a 5 out of 10.
    Last edited by allbits; 01-19-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added the rating.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

I must say that delivery and shipping is fast 2-3 days.The products are not worth and you'll probably find cheaper and better these days.
    Redefine it your way!!!!

Ordered a USB AVR Programmer and the response and quick delivery is very good. The product itself is pretty good.

my ist robots were built with thier parts.
    from my personal exprience all of thier stuff are good but most of thier descriptions are incomplete.

It seems they dont have a good management team for the web services.
    BY
    Sudarshan Anbazhagan,
    SuperBotics MultiTech Pvt. Ltd.

http://www.superbotics.com
    http://www.getahost.in

sells cheap products.."cheap" ..not the cost... quality..is cheap

Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs down

These folks provide bad quality products and have horrendous customer service. Recently I made a purchase of about Rs. 12,000/=, which included Qu-Bot, BiPed, and other items. The packaging was horrible. Atleast Qu-Bot was in a box, but part of all other products were just randonly thrown in. There isn't any part-list to check if all items are in. Qu-Bot is supposed to contain all parts, but it does not. Worst is, they do not even provide dimesntions of the screws, plastic buffers and so on which one may go around hardware stores to look for. The remote was broken in the sense that the top cover was 50% out and not sticking to the plastic below, mainly due to some other not-in-use buttons which they have tried to hide beneath the top cover. When I called them and sent an email, they wanted a photographic proof. When I sent the proof, they kept quite. After repeated emails, they replied with a one-liner, "this is not broken". I do not know where to get the spare parts of Qu-Bot so it is lying idle. Somehow I managed to get the right screws for BiPed and connected it, but my PC didn't recognise it either, and keeps asking for some ser2pl.sys file which is not on the CD provided. Bad experience. Also, they had provided me with a 20% discount code which didn't work for these items. They said that the discount applies to selected items only. If you ask for the list of items on which the discount applies, they dont have it. Plus, they add all the taxes etc plus shipping charges in the end (so be careful. In the US, it is a practice but in India, we are used to MRPs or below).

Senior Member Android

i have been their regular customer since 4 years, and the experience has been sweet and sour, less of sweet more of sour.
    I ordered high torque motors and their 5 Amp motor drivers, the motors were fine but still the same motors are now available at a lower price from nex.
    Moreover, their pricing of meccum wheels id far more than what one can buy directly from US.
    Earlier they were good, but now..MRP+taxes??? i think mrp itself means maximum retail price....
    The real problem i have-had is with their usb programmer as it gives up working on 64bit Win 7 system, and their dll file for programmer gets corrupted time and again on all systems.
    Their delievery time has been improving but the cost of components keeps on increasing as well.
    but it is a good shop for buying all the things under one roof [as there is no free shipping policy in robotics industry ] and a good shop for beginners, plus some hard to find components are also available there, but honestly....i have now stopped buying from them, as i can find things at a cheaper price at delhi or at other sites.
    There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.

Junior Member Newbie

I am the latest one to burn my fingers with these guys.

ordered a 2560 r3. shipping was fast, packaging was good. the problem was that I wanted an original arduino and he sent me a clone. This is when his site says arduino R3, images show orignal R3, sent an email along with the order asking for the original and not clone, he still sent me a clone. Now I have to struggle with their stupid customer service to try to get a refund. dang!!!