Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: check these sites out

Junior Member User

Default check these sites out

Hello Every one...

I have just found two sites at NEN (National Entrepreneur network) - featured in
    NEN First Dot Top 30 startups

The two comapnies that are shown related to robotics are ...

http://www.makemybot.com/

http://www.catsystems.in/

any comments???

Rajesh

Blog Entries

Student startups ... they look fine but nothing new ...

There are so many people conducting same workshops , selling same stuff maybe self made or bought from spark fun , with sites which do not work. And dumb Indian media .

Come on guys i would like to see some cool stuff ... Why not start by sharing knowledge ... Building some really cool stuff ...

No real Indian robotics start up which i can say i look forward too ...
    Vikas Patial

Gridbots is doing quite a lot in the field. They have made enormous progress over the last few years. Not sure if they are a start up any longer though!
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

Blog Entries

I knew pulkit since he started gridbots,brilliant guy ... Initially i followed it closely ... he was doing what i always wanted .

I used to read news articles about soon to be released robots,technologies which never happened ... go read some old news/media reports ... All India releases , home cleaning bots , big launches ... lot was promised ... dont know what happened.

Then i lost interest , since nothing actually was delivered or lived up to the hype once i saw it ... and was mainly pr.

They have a robo shop too http://www.edubotix.in/roboshop.html ( though one of the most expensive ).

Anyhow i would like to see build cool stuff which people can actually buy/use and would love company show videos and details and make it hackable like sparkfun , seed studio , ada fruit .

For Robotics startups look into BostonDynamics , Anybots , Superdroid , willowgarage , robotex ... they build cool stuff and are coming up
    Vikas Patial

Have you ever thought why this happens, why most of them are just resellers and into trainings,because it is damn hard to build a product as a startup, and most of them hope to pivot into product space when they have proper cash flow and are a bit mature. And I wont call NEN dumb Indian media, hopefully some of these startups will grow and build "cool stuff", they need all the support they can get. NEN is doing a great job in providing them with them initial support.

Come on guys be constructive, why not join these one of these startups and start building the cool stuff, they would be more than willing to help you and work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    Student startups ... they look fine but nothing new ...

There are so many people conducting same workshops , selling same stuff maybe self made or bought from spark fun , with sites which do not work. And dumb Indian media .

Come on guys i would like to see some cool stuff ... Why not start by sharing knowledge ... Building some really cool stuff ...

No real Indian robotics start up which i can say i look forward too ...

Member Advanced User

I dont think innovation is tied to money. If you wait for money to come your way..and then act on ur burning idea.....dont see that working ever. I dont want to be judgmental of their plans, just chime in on the fact that Sparkfun or adafruit never started as place to sell existing products.

Blog Entries

@pratik - well said. Like said SF or AF never started out by selling same old stuff , also they are like the benchmarks of how things can be but are not. Also you need guts to open source everything you do . Anyhow its easy to play blame game .

I would love to see someone where I can help then i will sure contribute. I am trying my part by introducing a low cost linux board, lets see how it works out.

BTW havent heard of any US Companies teaching US Grads embedded and robotics in 3 - 4 days , and big reputed names selling college projects. Looks like its only in India. The state of affairs is sad , and hence 99% fresh grad engineers are useless and even after producing the largest number of engineers we do nil innovation in comparison.
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

hence 99% fresh grad engineers are useless and even after producing the largest number of engineers we do nil innovation in comparison.
    Well said !

But they can make a car run from air and a 8 stroke petrol engine that gives double the millage of any commercial engine and a Facebook killer before leaving the college !!!
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Senior Member T-1000

Because media don't ask them from where the energy to compress the air comes from ? Well naturally from electricity only, which in comes coal ultimately. So it does not in any way controls CO2 emission.
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Member Advanced User

@vikas - blaming graduates and engineers is like blaming the caged hen for not acting before they got served on plate. Our education and social structure just doesnt allow for independent thinking. Any chance of failure ..and that path is strongly discouraged and sometimes prevented. I remember these great words from Kesavan I read in a cricket book but speaks truly about any and all Indian facets of life -

Indian test cricketers arnt adults, this is something they share with Indian men generally. The reason for this if you will forgive a short detour into pop sociology, is that young Indian men know themselves as brothers, son and husbands. They see themselves points in a grid of kin. They dont grow up confronting others to define their individual selves, they dont leave home and they dont metphorically kill their fathers - Mukul Kesavan

But I feel things are changing....young generation are becoming more and more independent by the day....or so called "bigad rahhe hai"

-Pratik
    www.e14tech.in
    Last edited by pratik_1; 04-19-2012 at 03:04 PM.