Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: check these sites out

Member Advanced User

@avinash - actually the media does ask them that :P and to that the answer is...when the you produce electricity at a large scale using coal/diesel/nuclear the cost per unit of power and pollution both are much lesser compared to if u have an engine under the hood. So although such efforts are not zero energy, they are far more optimized solutions than the internal combustion engine.

Personally, I feel that compressed air engines are crap. They have way too many practical issues

-Pratik
    www.e14tech.in
    Last edited by pratik_1; 04-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

well yes.

Every tom dick and harry i meet down the road knows robotics. And yes, all conduct workshops too.

In India, it is all about the thought process. Money matters, as in people want to be rich too soon. SO, the guys who can actually build interesting stuff quit electronics and instrumentation, and join software firms as programmers, as they get paid well.

And while in college, they spend all the money for mobile phones and fancy gadgets, and complain of financial crisis.

Its all about the attitude. It is in the genes, it is in the environment. So, ONly if anyone thinks out of the environment, out of the box, do cool things come out.

And the moment when someone thinks out of the box, they are branded 'fools' by the same environemt.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Senior Member T-1000

"And while in college, they spend all the money for mobile phones and fancy gadgets, and complain of financial crisis. "
    Ha Ha Ha ...

You forgot to Add IPL match tickets (+ traveling to that city).
    Avinash Gupta
    www.eXtremeElectronics.co.in

Blog Entries

But problem is we need to find solutions .

Maybe a monthly innovation program where there is a monthly funding and people can submit ideas/prototypes for evaluation. Make a small group of technical people and advertize regarding it, Itll mainly be non profit but something to drive innovation.

Or maybe something like kickstarter for india , but as most indians do not have CC dont know how pledging will be handled.

More ideas are welcome ...
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member Android roopakjada's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And while in college, they spend all the money for mobile phones and fancy gadgets, and complain of financial crisis.
    well that's a point with many students but not all for example if my dad happily bought me a 40K laptop but when i asked in needed 10K for a project he was not that easy with giving me money for a project