Thread: Robo-opus 11(it-bhu) workshop & competition

Default Robo-opus 11(it-bhu) workshop & competition

Hi
    IT BHU is conducting a 2 days workshop on mobile (gsm) controlled robots followed by a national level competition at M.S Ramaiah Institute Of Technology Bangalore on 18th and 19th of this month.Whoever is interested can contact 9945676566.Last date for registration 17th feb 2011.

Blog Entries

Do not spam the forums !!! Posting once is enough ...

BTW i did just check it looks more like a scam to me ---

http://www.robo-opus.com/event-details.php

Robo-Opus' 2011 A Milestone in Robotics Education in india.
    * All the participants who wants to participate in Robo-Opus’11 are required to attend the workshops at any Zonal Center.

* The workshop fee is included in the Registration Charges.
    4. Registration Fee: The Registration Charges are Rs 1450/- Per Participant i.e (Rs 5800/- for a team of 4 member and Rs 7250/- for a team of 5 members). This includes the cost workshop+Robo kit+Certification by Robo-Opus’11 IT BHU.

Its not a milestone has been done before ... Tri did it last year. Also unlike this they allowed open entries.

I am sorry to say but i would advice to simply refrain by not participating, such mixing is simply to leech poor students money ! Events should be free and have registration like Rs 200 - 250 max.

STAY AWAY
    Vikas Patial

I respect your opinion. Kindly stay away from the workshop. Btw...its for beginners and not for people like you who have been in this field for so many years. Please dont generalize us without proper knowledge about our event. It-bhu is not a scam.

You cannot teach someone robotics in 2 days let alone prepare a beginner for a competition!

Conducting workshops and then competitions has become a trend these days and is become too commercial.
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

I respect everyone's opinion......Here is mine

Robotics can not be taught in 2 days but it is meant specially for those who do not have Robotics(Electronics/programing/craft ship) as their hobby or who just want to quickstart it NOW.
    Some people(like most of us discussing on RI) have an innate interest in "techie" stuff but those who do not have(>90% i guess), are really benefited by these Workshops .
    Exposure is more concerned than expertise for a beginner, Such workshops at least create some beginners.

Blog Entries

Im mainly against this linking of events and workshops. Workshops are fine and events are great they do well separately .

But when you link the two it simply it is self serving and not justified.

If current trend continues , it might happen that all have to attend tri/appin/robosoft/wheterver workshops if you wish to attend any techfest, how great will that be. Take part in 10 techfests attend 10 + workshops spend atleast 50 k + just attending them and gaining nothing, otherwise you cannot attend.

Also last i heard most college fest workshops at events are Free , unlike the one mentioned above.

Also on further looking i will also like to point that selling project reports to kids is just wrong.

http://www.robosapiensindia.com/eprojects.php

Doing things like these simply kills innovation, there is no justification to it. It accounts to cheating in an exam not much to it.
    Vikas Patial

Definitely Competitions should be open
    Just checked the above link...........Oh god "robosapiens" just copied their cart layout from "nex-robotics" . even they have not changed the category of components however the price is 2-3 times more than nex-robotics !!!
    check it........http://www.robosapiensindia.com/robomart/
    It happens only in India