Thread: wireless!!

Default wireless!!

Is wireless technology a must in robotics.For example spybots sending realtime data to base. :?:

Blog Entries

Default Nothing as such

There is no such necessity a robot can be complete autonomus also . Wire less is just to communicate over large distances where wired data exchange is infeasible .

Blog Entries

Default not necessarily...

This is something on which a single sided stand cant be taken...

Completely autonomous robots can be used as spybots,,, where the bot can record data on some storage device... this can be used in places where RF or other wireless commn. techniques can either be detected or jammed.

Wireless can be used in places where a recieving station can be placed nearby ( remember true lies?? the Van??) or if satellite transmitters can be placed on the spybot!! then yeah!!!

rao

Senior Member T-1000

nowadays ,they use wireless data to do real time computing.
    what do u do if u have to do tons of processing.?
    u can't just load the poor machine.It pays sometimes to do the processing outside and then send it back to the robot.
    but hell,there's always the security issue.

I tried wireless data transmission project in my final year and it worked like a dream,though it's only one way.IMAGINE this ...i can now control my robots wirelessly...

aloha
    -ice

Default Same pinch to you dude!!!!!!!!

I was having the same idea :idea: in mind.Can this be achieved for real.I mean the two way communication.We can have the bot do a bot more things by doing a lot of off site processing by super computers.Is this really being implemented anywhere in the world.I mean this cannot be like remote control right.Though we can alter the bots behaviour as we wish.Can the mars rover be taken an example.I believe the commands have to be given long back because of time gap.Does this affect real time behaviour the same way if it were autonomous bot.We are in a very different time you see.The happenings on that planet is not real time to us!!!!!!!In earthly applications will we face the same problem????

Senior Member T-1000

sojourner[the mars machine] was remote controlled.Not real time though.
    [takes 12 minutes for a signal to travel from earth to mars].
    It worked thus:
    commands were sent only to go to specific locations.
    The robot validated these commads and if it could perform them it would otherwise it would just tell nasa ,"give me another location ,mate!"
    Guess what ,the fellow in charge of sending remote commands to Sojourner actually played with RC cars when a kid.
    Some cool dream come true,controllin a RC vehicle on another planet.!

another thing ,anyone played with radio comm,i did mine and will update my homepage with it.There was another guy[think his username is happy]
    who's including it in his final year project
    aloha,
    -gerry

Blog Entries

Default Yes

Yes the project can be done here on Earth

All you have to do is put the code in transciver code part to simulate the interferance and delay caused due to the long distances and the envoinment and then go as usual building the robot .

The pacthup ( simulation ) code will make you write a suiltable handler for both sides .....

And hence you can see the feasability !!!

U r right Gerry!!

Me too included radio comm. in my project. It's in the initial stage now. I could transmit data @ 9600 baud (2 way) betn PC and the project board and could position my servos. 'll update with the details when it's ok.

Regds

Sunil