View Poll Results: Best Stream to choose for robotics career ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Computer Engineering

5 35.71%
  • Elecctrical/Electronics Engineering

6 42.86%
  • Mechanical Engineering

2 14.29%
  • Mechatronics

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Stream to choose for robotics ?

Junior Member Newbie

Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical are more or less related. So whether to go for Mechanical or Electrical/ECE/CS. I think it depends upon what aspect one finds more interesting. The electronics and computing part takes care of the Control System and Signal Generation, but will not cover some of the complex mechanical aspects of robotics. So, one can choose CS/EE/ECE if he/she is more interested in the Signal Processing/Image Processing/Control Systems/Microprocessors/Circuit Design/Artificial Intelligence part, otherwise you can go for Mech

Junior Member Newbie

I would like to point out that, not all coding/circuitry is not that intuitive. Sometimes, to make a good robot, you need very good algorithms which work fast and can generate fast switching signals. Sometimes, the Artificial Intelligence used in a robot is so sophisticated, that not one but many coders are required to put it together. So, it all depends.
    Last edited by pradeeps15; 01-23-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by jacques11 View Post
    Computer Engineering because it requires mind exercise the most as compare to other stream and having so many opportunities in the field.
    Yes Jacques i'm also agree with you that Computer Engineering instead of others.