Thread: PCB manufacturers

Junior Member Newbie

Default PCB manufacturers

Guys I would like to know about any small scale PCB manufacturers throughout india?
    I have found some like united7 technologies and probots which manufacture pcbs in small quantities. They require me to send them the gerber files through email.
    But I was looking for some local shops or offices that I could go to.
    Any suggestions from delhi, bangalore, mumbai, kolkata, chennai are welcome (I can ask my friends to visit)
    My requirement is small (2-5 pcbs) with tinning and silkscreen work

Blog Entries

What will you do by visiting local shops ? Get discount ?

Jokes apart , Check EFY they have listings and a magazine which lists such business. Most are not interested in small scale manufacturing. The problem is 2 - 5 PCB will be just about 30 % less cost than 50 -100. Once the core things are made the rest is cheap.

Anyhow i get my things done from Ancomp (http://www.ancompindia.com/), they do multilayer SMD and have good fixed turn around time. I had some bad exp with local vendors and their chalta hai attitude so i stick to professional now.
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member Newbie

Yes...get student discounts, shout at them if the product doesnt come out right, atleast someplace to lodge a complaint if they mess up my small order and then give me hell later on...

I will check out ancompindia the site looks nice...thanks a lot!

Any particular reason why you want to meet the fabricator directly at his office and not send him files through mail?

Anyway, you may come to our office in Bangalore with your PCB files. It will be easier for us if you get your PCB layers printed on a tracing paper or any other transparent paper in a good high resolution. You may then come over again in 3 days to collect your PCBs.

For any queries write to -> info@probots.co.in
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

Junior Member Newbie

why I want to meet the technician?....I had a few doubts...first of all I have a through hole component made in NI Ultiboard
    what I wanted to ask was is a through hole component's pin holes connected from top to bottom i.e. is the top layer connected to the bottom layer in case of a pin hole of a through hole component? I hope you are able to understand my question....
    if the above answer is a yes or a no...can I see this property or understand it through the gerber file that I generate...NI Ultiboard gives me a provision to see the gerber file i am generating...

Secondly the PCB that you manufacture and give me is the tinning cost extra or is the process included in your PCB cost calculator

Guess you are referring to through hole plating. Most(read all) PCB fabricators do through hole plating.

I don't know of any low cost local manufactures who accept gerbers files for prototype and low volume productions. You will have to print the copper tracks + pads + vias in black on a white transparent paper for fabrication.
    Probots
    Online Robot Store : www.probots.co.in - Robot Kits , Development Boards and Components
    Blog : www.probots.co.in/blog - Probots' Official Blog
    Twt : www.twitter.com/probots - Probots' Official Tweets

Senior Member T-1000

To answer your through hole question... Yes both the bottom layer and top layers pads are connected for a through hole component. At least in the PCBs I've done and seen.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in

Junior Member Newbie

For most pcb fabricators i know, i can specify pcb to be PTH (Plated through hole) or non PTH.
    In gEDA + pcb (pcb cad) there is option to change PTH to non PTH & vice versa, which is reflected in final NC file for drilling holes.