Thread: Inventrom Robotics

Default Inventrom Robotics

Inventrom is a Robotics company located in Goa. Currently we are busy developing various path-breaking Robotics Technologies like Robotic Gaming Platforms, Wireless Programmers, Robotics Mother Boards, Robot Coding Platform and much more.

We have launched a revolutionary product TechnoBoard which is a Robotic Motherboard. May engineers have used it to develop their robots. Many students have won competitions with Robots based on this platform e.g. The robot which won Automata at Engineer -NITK Surathkal was based on Technoboard platform.

For more info contact: (+91)7875238094 or

Do like our FB page on www.facebook.com/inventrom to keep yourself updated about our products and research.

Blog Entries

Care to explain the "revolutionary" part ? Big words without any details ?

Googling your company name first result is this page only ? Dont have a website ?

Dont mind i just felt it as a advertizing thread ... in the wrong section .... which i consider SPAM .
    Vikas Patial

Default Why Techno Board is Revolutionary.

Hi Vikas,

Thanks a lot for your query. I apologies for not providing enough information in the original thread.

Please use the following like to download the Brochure of Inventrom TechnoBoard : http://speedy.sh/d36vA/Techno-Board-Brouchure.pdf

Our website is under construction and will be launched soon. We posted this thread in the Resource section as it will help students interested in buying Robotics Boards.

For the revolutionary part please do read: http://inventrom.wordpress.com/2011/...-then-arduino/

Do let us know your views and if you have any more queries. We will be glad to clarify.

Regards,
    Pranav
    Inevtrom

Senior Member Android

Hi,

Not to come off as a snob, but the reasons provided on your website on "How the Inventrom Technoboard "pwns" the Arduino" were far from satisfactory.
    Based on your reply, your board has 2 l293Ds, comes with cables to attach sensors and the user can program with AVR Studio.

I fail to see the "revolutionary" part. I think avinash_g's Xboard did what you claim to have "revolutionized" atleast 3-4 years back and he already made a couple of revisions on the board.

The arduino has shields for a variety of purposes, they are stack-able, give user the freedom of choice and are not complicated to use at all. Your claim that "Soldering pins for sensor attachment is difficult" makes me think of the buyer group you are targeting. Your claim that the user is "stuck" with their IDE and the limited number of C headers is once again just a blurt of words without any understanding of how the Arduino or its IDE work. Writing your own headers for custom usage is not difficult at all if you have a basic understanding of C. A user who is not able to write custom codes in C for the arduino is most definitely not going to be able to write even a basic PWM routine using AVR Studio. Ultimately, they will use your or someone else's C headers which is the same but much easier to find and implement in case of the Arduino.

Once again, I am not trying to start a flame war here, but I really can't understand why you would make outlandish claims about a basic 8-bit microcontroller based development board. Please do explain in detail what is so "revolutionary" about an 8 bit AVR development board with motor drivers and sensor ports on board (wires included with board) . A picture of your board would be helpful.

Regards,
    Prashant
    Last edited by lolman_returns; 12-13-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Hi Prashant !

I believe you are right with what you are saying in some points. For the blog post we have started feeling that yes the Aurdno does offer a lot of features WRT ease of coding. We have now come to understand that some of the claims made by us in the blog post were wrong and we apologies for the same. We have also taken off the post from our blog.

May be its wrong to use the word revolutionary WRT the TechnoBoard though I still feel having the plugin pins and all the easy connection make the work a lot easy for students looking on building robots focused on software and mechanical hardware. Also the features like battery management system make it easier for having wireless robots which work on battery.

A picture of TechnoBoard V2 has been attached with the post. I hope its not too low in resolution as I could not attach high resolution RoboticsIndia allowes a max of 19.5 MB.

Regards,
    Pranav
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ppv9; 04-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Senior Member Android

Hi Pranav,

First of all, thank you for responding in a very mature manner. I agree that your board has some nice features.
    My point is, instead of trying to put some other board down, you can just enumerate on why the user should use your boards.

The board looks clean and nicely designed.
    Humility is always a lesson learned the hard way. I wish you best of luck with the sales of your board.

Totally agree with you lolman_returns. I apologies for the mistake. As you rightly said Humility is always a lesson learned the hard way. And thank you for your appreciation. :-)

Regards,
    Pranav Pai Vernekar