Thread: international shipping help?

Default international shipping help?

hey guys,

i am planning to buy stuff from online.i am new to this shipping stuff and etc.
    i would like to know if there will be any need to pay shipping cost and customs?
    what are the other formalities required for it if any?
    the shipment is costing around 240$.

please advice me.

regards,
    shakerobo
    Yesterday is a canceled cheque ;tommro is a promisory note ;today is the only cash you have-so spend it wisely

Gaurav Parida

Blog Entries

Duty is usually 30 - 40 % if shipped with DHL , UPS , FedEx etc. Shipping starts at 30 - 40 USD . It is trackable and 5 - 7 Day delivery world wide.

If it coming via USP, HKP , Local Posting services there is no duty for < 50 USD items ( You local Postman will deliver it ). Shipping is slow and a lot of vendors do free shipping.There is no tracking. Like ordering from Dx take 3 months to reach sometime.

Also avoid undervaluing items , else you might have to visit the customs .
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member Newbie

what materials are you shipping & from where????

yes, kindly detail us what you are shipping. Anyways im listing some links below for shipping online for cheap :

1) Motors, ESC, glow engine, RC boat parts, multi rotors, tools & kits : www.hobbyking.com

2) For hobby robotic parts and shipping inside India : www.vegarobokit.com

These two are the cheapest places from where parts are available and iv myself brought parts from here too !!
    Tested OK !! :P

Junior Member Newbie

Hello streetjerk; here are my suggestions, I came across the same situation a couple of times

To ship materials, or any other thing in fact, you might want to check out the web packling.com, they compare prices to give you a good rate. I never used it for delicate stuff though, that might raise the price up a bit. It also depends on teh size of what you want to send, of course.

However, when I buy online, I try to find copanies who help me with the shipping too; not too long ago I got a delivery after purchasing at Surplex (http://www.surplex.com/de/start.html) it might be useful if you ever need to buy or sell machines.