Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yashna Circuits - Mumbai - Bad Quality

Hybrid View

Member Advanced User

Default Yashna Circuits - Mumbai - Bad Quality

I recently ordered a simple PCB from Yashna and was very disappointed with what I got. The soldermask layer was slightly shifted causing a lot of shorts as it exposed gnd layer near holes and vias. I went and met the owner and he was totally unapologetic about the bad quality and started telling me ..how my board design was not right and I sud change my design styles. I must have develeloped over 50 design in my career and never seen this sort of bad quality. I wudnt recommend this to anyone.

Blog Entries

Do post some pics , a picture is worth a lot more than descriptions.
    Vikas Patial

Member Advanced User

Not sure if you see it clearly in this picture, but the soldermask layer is slightly shifted exposing the adjacent GND plane. No matter how careful you are during soldering, it is going to cause shorts.

I recently moved back to India from US and am constantly disappointed with the bad attitude towards quality and customer service. I am not trying to blame anybody ...but i guess its time we lifted our game a bit to rise up to international competition.

WP_000576.jpg

Senior Member Android

could you also give details of the costing? cost per cm2 or something similar that they quoted...

Member Advanced User

Do you guys know any other manufacturer in Mumbai with better machines/process who does a reliable job?

Senior Member Android

Hmm. One thing I have realized over the years is that most of the PCB manufacturers in Mumbai cannot handle tight tolerances. They need clearances of more than 20mil. Guys with modern CNC enabled manufacturing can go down to 10mil but as you noticed, their QA is pathetic.
    I got a 4 layer board done from Prototech in Bangalore. Really good quality. But was expensive. Setup cost was around 4k.

There is one guy in Kandivali East in Mumbai that makes relatively good double sided PCBs but his setup is Rs.1000. You should first confirm their minimum clearance requirements and stick to it. I always play safe and have a margin for extra 2mils. So, we are looking at clearances of 12- 16mil.

Hope this helps.

Member Advanced User

for a 2 layer board they charge 500 setup fees and 1.5 per sqcm per layer....basically comes down to Rs. 9 per sq.cm if u have silkscreens on both sides

Member Advanced User

That sort of sucks. For now I am going with PCBEX.com. I use to order from them when I was in US and they are really good and reliable. Still trying to figure out the shipping costs to India, since they dont ship to India as of now. I am working with their rep in US so that she can update their website.

The best thing is, the pricing is only slightly more than India suppliers and they give 6 mil clearances. The only catch is, you have to order 5 boards minimum.

Blog Entries

You can also try ancomp

http://www.ancompindia.com/

They are decent , deliver on time ( Very Imp for me ) and most of the times error free PCB's .
    Vikas Patial

Senior Member T-1000

www.PCBpower.com
    They are 'back-end' manufacturers for quite a few European and US board-houses. Ease of use, on-time delivery and superb quality! A bit pricey, but, hell, they are good.
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in