Thread: Can you please Check if this H bridge is right :

Member User

Default Can you please Check if this H bridge is right :

Hi All I am designing this H Bridge to last for all my future needs here is schematic. Also this is how it will work :

Signals A and B will control the direction of motor. And Signal C will be Pulse width modulated ... i am aiming for 20 A Max current...

So guys please give your Experienced opinion on this :
    The way I see is it has 1 good benefit :
    The shoot through happening when one side of gate switches on or off can be avoided if my PWM Signal is delayed such way that it comes once the gates have switched... but I might be missing some thing so please help me : Also this is simple circuit just to check if this configuration will work !... I will add fly back diodes etc later .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member User

Hi All I Just Realized i can use relays too... I Mean instead of using those Mosfets for H Bridge All i need is Relays. I know its kind of going backwards in technology but it will simplify my design... Arduino to Uln2003 to relays and 1 mosfet .. i mean this is an option at least ...

Member Advanced User

not sure if Relays would work for providing PWM...the response times are a bit slow. I would recommend trying to search if someone has successfully implemented it for motor controller

This looks fine circuit for mosfets. But dear please check with the available p channel mosfets. Relays can be a option but not when usinf PWM. U can also consider of using TIP transistor.

Member User

Ah , I meant that relays would be for Direction control of H bridge... there will still be a mosfet controlling the current to h bridge and i can put PWM signal to the mosfet to get desired output... hope i am clear now ...