Thread: Hi anyone out there interested in biped

Default Hi anyone out there interested in biped

We are final year engineering students from Sri Krishna Collegeof Engg & Tech Coimbatore . We are planning a 2 legged robot as our final year project please send your suggestions abt it

hi
    i am a 2nd year mechanical engg student from punjab engineering college chandigarh
    i have worked on some bi ped projects and the main problem one encounters is the selection of very slow geared motors and the proper mechanism
    u can use some springs and motors and make it a walking hybrid (with 2 legs and two wheels )
    however it u want it to walk on any terrain and adjust accordingly it would b a bit difficult\
    even though give it a try
    and let me know if u come up with some ideas
    bye

Senior Member Cyborg

Check this out:

http://www.havingasoftware.nl/robots.../minibiped.htm

Me think that can work ....
    Sumandeep Banerjee
    M.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    http://www.robotix.in

Default Thanks a lot

hi this is nithin first of alll thanks a lot for giving a response for my post i am now doing my year in E.C.E .
    our email id is ngeves@rediffmail.com

thanks for telling about the gearing problems

coul you please tell us like what type of motors you have used in your biped and what is the gearing system also about what material you have used for your links between the joints. we are looking for some light weight materials for our links we willl be using the spring as you have suggested . we are also planning for a vision system with a digital cam.

please be in touch with us we willl surely share our ideas
    once again thanking you

Blog Entries

What about the balance algorithms??

What size do you plan to keep the robot to??

Rao

Well we have decided on the size of the robo to be in 60-90cms of height with a max of 6 degrees of freedom on one leg but we havenot find a right material for the connecting links can you give some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by ngeves
    we havenot find a right material for the connecting links can you give some suggestions
    Aluminium is the best !! It's light weight, durable and has got high workability. u'll get Al sheets of varying thickness 1mm,2mm,3mm etc

Regds

happy_99

Default abt servo motors to be used

hi thanks for tht could you help us in one more thing like how do we calculate the specifications that is required 4 the motor like what should be its torque like as we mention we would like to keep its height abt 60-90cms so it should be able to move the links.