Thread: Good Indian Suppliers ( Rant )

Blog Entries

Angry Good Indian Suppliers ( Rant )

Is it just me or Indian Suppliers of components are hard to get in touch and deal with ? Time after time i have bad experience with them. Sometimes delayed deliveries , will not respond to queries , have no idea regarding specs , substandard products and a lot of them oversell ( esp robo shops in India ).

I have now started to trust digikey more than anything else, with almost bi-weekly orders being placed . They deliver in 3 days and support responds in hours . While here it takes multiple requests here for them to respond.

Maybe its me or we need a flipkart in electronics domain .
    Vikas Patial

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    Is it just me or Indian Suppliers of components are hard to get in touch and deal with ? Time after time i have bad experience with them. Sometimes delayed deliveries , will not respond to queries , have no idea regarding specs , substandard products and a lot of them oversell ( esp robo shops in India ).

I have now started to trust digikey more than anything else, with almost bi-weekly orders being placed . They deliver in 3 days and support responds in hours . While here it takes multiple requests here for them to respond.

Companies like Rhydolabz, ENTESLA and Robosoft are on the way I guess...look at the poll i created...http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthr...rs-!-Vote-now-!

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post

Vikas any leads for thermal printer mechanism in delhi?

Asimov

Member Advanced User

I agree...overall the performance is really poor with the exception of the ones mentioned above by ravi.

On a separate note...I tried aliexpress with EMS shipping and it turned out to be a nightmare with my stuff stuck at customs dept in Mumbai. I had to personally go and give sort of an interview and ended up paying about 40% duty on these simple motors I ordered for my SEGWAY project....I was curious....do you have the same experience, since you order from there regularly?

Blog Entries

When ordering from Aliexpress ask Items not to be undermarked , this raises custom problems. I also faced similar experience once and now have them marked 60 - 80 % value. Or use DHL / FedEx .

By default chinese vendors will undermark a 200 USD item to 30 USD etc ( Basically under 50 USD ) .
    Vikas Patial

@ Pratik_1 & vikas : Any good website in India where I can get good Arduino Clones or the original at a decent price (<1000/-). There are a lot of arduino clones floating around I think i should start a thread where users can share their experiences.

Here is the link to share your experience: http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthr...2632#post22632
    Last edited by ravi.tez; 12-06-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: update