Thread: Zigbee electronics project

Question Zigbee electronics project

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I am working on an electronics project and am looking for someone to help me in it as my background is primarily software programming.

I am trying to control appliances at home wirelessly using Zigbee communication. For this I found that TI CC2530 SoC to be ideal and acquired a development kit. I also purchased a production version of the same built onto a breakout style PCB from china.

The issue I am facing is that the pin connectors and ordering of pins is different from the expectation of the TI development board and the board I received from China. I went through the data sheets of both the products and have a viable mapping but since I am not very sure about this interpretation of mine and do not want to damage the components I am looking for some help from an electronics guru.

I am from Bangalore and would much appreciate anyone who can guide me in this. Please let me know. Thanks!

Junior Member Newbie

if you feel, the pin mapping is wrong , there is no other way than to rewire manually. If you are scared it will be damaged. You can
    pay us a visit , one of our engineers can help you. Don't expect us to do the entire job , But we can help you proceed with suggestions.
    We are based in electronics city bangalore

Thumbs up Thats great

Thanks for the offer mega_bot. I would love to meet you at your office. Can you please send me your contact number so I can call you to set a time?

Also, I am looking for a sort of electronics mentor - I've learnt some basics including how to solder - looking for someone whom I can keep in touch with over time to discuss ideas and get some direction from. Please let me know if you know someone like that. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mega_bot View Post
    if you feel, the pin mapping is wrong , there is no other way than to rewire manually. If you are scared it will be damaged. You can
    pay us a visit , one of our engineers can help you. Don't expect us to do the entire job , But we can help you proceed with suggestions.
    We are based in electronics city bangalore

Junior Member Newbie

check your private msg

Member Advanced User

Just a word of caution, from my experience Zigbee is a bit complicated. I mean the whole networking and stuff. Specially if you trying to control IO lines of the remote device. I took the easier way out, by going for XBEE units which are easily available to get the ball rolling quickly. Even those come with so much documentation that its hard to absorb all of that.

Hope things work out great for u with the TI SoC Systems and you blink some LEDs soon

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega_bot View Post
    check your private msg
    Thanks for the contact info mega_bot. Will call you today.

Pratik, thanks for the input. I had come across the other XBee modules (some that would fit onto an Arduino too). I imagine that getting them to work would be simpler than working with the TI Soc. However, I am aiming to test with a component set that I can use for production once I'm able to get the dev setup working. The good thing is that the chinese (breakout-style) board which hosts the same TI SoC on the dev board comes at an inexpensive price which means I do not have to spend effort in designing my own PCB - This is my reason for leaning towards the TI SoC.

As i'd asked before, I'm looking to learn more about electronics and actively seeking a mentor from Bangalore. Please let me know if you know someone like that.