Thread: Buying Arduino in India. Share your experiences.

Default Buying Arduino in India. Share your experiences.

Hi,

I have started this thread for users to contribute about their Arduino boards....clones and the originals. This will help begineers in selection and help them avoid problems faced due to cheap quality products.

Personally I have a few Arduino's floating around from friends and workshops. My first one an arduino clone which i received at Arktechnosolution's workshop. The quality was pathetic and discovered later that few tracks were broken inside although not visible. I planned to buy a new one. I bought a freeduino from Bhashatech, I was dissapointed again as the headers were not properly aligned as per the standards. My shield wasnt compatible basically.

Now I plan to buy a new one but I am not sure if will get an affordable one for my tight budget of <1000 Rs. I may have to wait for some more time and go for the expensve original.

Kindly share your experience with your Arduino and post the link to the makers website too.

Member Advanced User

Entesla has a real good one. I have already bought 3 from them and they all work great.

Exclamation

I have this : Embedded Market - Freeduino DU
    and
    Embedded Market - Freeduino Mega 2560 - ADK
    Bought the Mega ADK for just Rs.1400 [they were having a sale]
    The USB Host IC(MAX3421E) and Atmega2560 cost quite a lot. Maybe their combined price is more than what I paid. So it was a steal of a deal.

Both work great. The quality is pretty good.

Rhydolabz is the official Arduino distributor in India. So they cost quite a bit more but you get the original one.
    A friend bought the Duemilanove from them.
    Rhydolabz Arduino Products

@pratik_1: Thanks for the feedback. eNTuino is an interesting deal by entesla. A hybrid version of the Arduino Uno & Fio. An on-board battery charging circuit!!! Its great if your making datalogging applications or using it for demonstration. Here is the link for eNTunio: http://entesla.com/development-board...uino-atmega328

@hotshot05: Freeduino too looks good but I dont get why they have the male headers rather than the female headers. It kind of makes it non standard with the existing shields.

Besides I found another interesting thing about the eNTuino. It has dual headers. So you can stack a shield above and below also!...or may be put another male berg strip and use it with bread boards....

You can try frugal labs for good FTDI based freeduino boards below INR 600. We are also coming up with some development boards compatable with arduino. So keep watching the site for latest products and please help us with suggestions and feedback.

You product seems to be out of stock since some time. Besides can you kindly put the Original Fruduino image on your website rather than the original arduino's/

Yes dear the boards will be available from this weekend onward and you will see a original image then.
    Buy components, motors, wireless modules, and robots from
    http://www.frugal-labs.com/

hey i purchased a Arduino clone of robosoft systems in hyderabad at roland electronics and its working perfectly fine and its also compatible will all the arduino sheilds.They also sell arduino original but its pricing is too high when compared to the clone version which i bought for Rs850 only along with the usb cable.
    Ardunio adk is also availabe but its expensive.
    Arduino Mega2560 of bhasha technologies is Rs2199 worth the price works perfectly fine..
    Check out...