Thread: ir help to control toy car

Default ir help to control toy car

:?: i am trying to make a remote controlled toy car using infrared. is it possible to control left,right,forward,back operations, i.e. 4 controls using tsop1738 or is there any other simple ir method to control the toy. :? i wonder how the tv remote works as the transmitter can send multiple outputs like on/off,channel changing, volume modulation,etc. using ir. if i could somehow do this here too then i'll be successful. plz help.... :idea:

Senior Member Android

Hi,

Try this http://jap.hu/electronic/codec.html

Good luck

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ir help to control toy car

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek_sharma
    :?: i am trying to make a remote controlled toy car using infrared. is it possible to control left,right,forward,back operations, i.e. 4 controls using tsop1738 or is there any other simple ir method to control the toy. :? i wonder how the tv remote works as the transmitter can send multiple outputs like on/off,channel changing, volume modulation,etc. using ir. if i could somehow do this here too then i'll be successful. plz help.... :idea:

of course.. you can control.. in fact anything is possible using microcontrollers, but if you want a solutions without it, you will have to stick to a particular remote, find the frequency and "tune" a circuit to respond to a particular frequency. but instead of it, you can use an IR led and make your own keyboard with your required frequency. please respond with your particular requirement, like budjet, components avaiable etc.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Default details

hi allbits, i currently don't know about microcontollers but would like to use ir led to control the toy car. please give me the details

Senior Member Android

Ok..there is one such project without using a uC on electronicsforu.com.

Default with microcontrollers

jack can u suggest a tutorial on how to do it use amtel s series microcontrollers