Thread: Need Help to choose suitable microcontroller for image processing

Junior Member Newbie

Default Need Help to choose suitable microcontroller for image processing

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to realize an embeded vision-machine which can, recognize gestures and detect motion, actually i'm not bad at signal processing, but have no idea on which criteria i should make my choice ( i ve a very limited budget in fact, and i don't want to waste it for soemthing helpless :-) ), if you can please help me with you experiences or theorical advices i'll be thankfull,

Thank you very much

Blog Entries

You need a microprocessor , microcontroller cannot really handle what you are wanting to do. Look into boards like Odroid , Raspi , Olinuxino , Allwinner based A10 boards.
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member Newbie

Microcontrollers are designed to perform specific tasks. Specific means applications where the relationship of input and output is defined. you can use them for keyboards, mouse, washing machine, digicam, remote, microwave, cars, telephone, mobiles, watches...

For developing software, games, websites and even for photo editing, you use a mi croprocessor, because the relationship between input and output is not defined. They need high amount of resources like RAM, ROM, I/O ports etc.

I hope that answered