Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which motor inside??

Default which motor inside??

Hi,

I just happened to come across a motor which I found inside a walkman...how can I find which motor is it???

rvbugged.

Blog Entries

Default DC motor

Well 99% of times its a simple DC motor .
    To use it in a robot ull have to build a hbridge or by a motor bridge driver .

pranav baliga

Default Re: which motor inside??

Quote Originally Posted by rvbugged
    Hi,

I just happened to come across a motor which I found inside a walkman...how can I find which motor is it???

rvbugged.
    hii
    i am pranav .i am in search of a dc toy (small sized) motor having power rating v. high (20-50W). where can i get it?? i am in gujarat

Senior Member T-1000

get hold of a normal toy with a remote control [wired]
    They normally cost around 150-200 rs.They got nice wheels too sometimes.
    ice
    //gerry

Member Advanced User

Default Hi

Well if you want that much power u won't get that in a toy , untill its sumo-wrestlres toy.
    I think u should go for a geared DC motor or u can go for a photocopy machine DC motor ( biggest of them , as there are plenty of them inside)they are of 20 - 40 W rating.
    Hope this solves your proble.

Thanks and Regards
    -
    Pulkit

Senior Member T-1000

The reason i mentioned toy vehicles is that they are the cheapest source for gear trains and DC motors.True they do provide less power.

u get geared motors separately in different RPM's [2,10,30,60 etcRPM]
    But each of them cost around 175 to 250 Rs,at least in B'bay.

Wiper motors have high ratings too..their heavily geared.
    Photocopy motors [like Pulkit said] have hell lot of geared motors in them.

bye,
    ice
    //gerry

Default what is cw motor and ccw motor

Hi friends,
    there are 2 types of dc micro motors used in tape recorders, cw motor and ccw motor. what is the difference between them? what does cw and ccw stand for?

subot

Member Advanced User

Hi,

CW - clock wise
    CCW - counter clock wise

-
    Pulkit

Hi Pulkit,
    thanx for the info. today i found that cw motor rotates at half of normal speed when rotating in counter clockwise direction, and the ccw motor turns at half of normal speed when rotating in clockwise direction. in another words half of the applied voltage is fed to the brush and hence the coil of the motor when rotating in reverse direction. this type of configuration is not suitable for robot as the motor has to turn in same speed for both directions. So i opened the motor and removed the pcb inside it and connected the power supply wire directly to the brush of the motor.
    i think this is a serious flaw of dc tape recorder motor for the application of robot. may be some one should put an article here regarding this as lots of guys are using tape recorder motor. i myself struggled a bit before finding out the actual problem. suggestions are welcome.

--subot_robot

Senior Member T-1000

Guess ur right..
    i normally use mamuchi motors for my projects ...just take the top cap off ,rip the PCB and connect the supply directly to the brush Leads...it's kewl...nothing goes wrong...just don't give it too much voltage..if it's rated at 12V...feed it arnd tht much.

ice