Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which motor inside??

Senior Member Cyborg

I have been using DC tape motors for ages, and I think removing the circuit works out for everyone...but newbies sometimes damage the brushes (I did ) other than that there's absolutely no problem. There are BiDirectional DC tape motors (with / without circuit) available in the market..u just got to search for them.

One more advice, the CW motor if run CCW (or vice versa) will not only run at half speed with the circuit, but eventually the circuit will get burnt out. So, even if u can go on with half speed, don't do it. You may just end up with a malfunction at the last moment.

Default CW / CCW motors

what is the pcb in the motor for?

ya ..... seriously ..... what is the use of that PCB?????
    has no one ever tried to find out ................

what about PCBs attached to VCR-VCP head driving motors ..............

why arnt there ne PCBs on the ejection system motor??

no one knows???

Rajesh L G

The PCB contains a speed governor. Usually they also have trim pot to fine tune the speed.

And most VCR head motors are brushless motors. There are two types of BL motors, sensored and sensorless. For sensored ones, the PCB will have hall sensors mounted on it. The feedback from hall sensors is used to determine the commutation by the controller. The sensorless ones use back EMF to determine rotor position, so no need for hall sensors.

Senior Member Cyborg

The PCB within the DC Tape motor is to control the speed accurately. The motor must run at 2400rpm, otherwise the tape would run at abnormal speed.

The PCB controls the current through the armature.....just look at any Basic Electrical Technology book....to get the info how to control DC motors.
    Sumandeep Banerjee
    M.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    http://www.robotix.in