View Poll Results: WILL THIS IDEA OF ROOMBA IN INDIA SUCEED?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 57.14%
  • NO

6 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROOMBA TYPE FLOOR CLEANER IN INDIA

Default ROOMBA TYPE FLOOR CLEANER IN INDIA

HI GUYZ,

I AM A COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT IN FINAL YEAR AND WAS THINKING ABOUT A ROOMBA TYPE FLOOR CLEANER IN INDIA.

CHECKOUT ROOMBA FROM IROBOT IN THE U.S.A

http://www.irobot.com

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THIS KIND OF A FLOOR CLEANER TO BE COMMERCIALLY LAUNCHED IN INDIA.BY CHANCES I MEAN THE CHANCES OF ITS SUCCESS AND ITS PROS AND CONS?

I WANT SUGGESTIONS TO WOT KIND OF FEATURES CAN BE INCORPORATED OR CAN BE CHANGED TO CUSTOM SUIT THE INDIAN MARKET?

BY WHEN SHOULD IT BE COMMERCIALLY AVAILIBLE IN INDIA?

AND FINALLY THE MOST IMPORTENT WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK SHOULD BE THE PRICE RANGE OF A ROOMBA TYPE FLOOR CLEANER IN INDIA?

Blog Entries

dude whats the big idea by posting over 20 topics ... that also in CAPS ??? Please read this post

http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php...ighlight=robot

This way you only get yourself banned and nothing more .... This is exactly the reason why I hate spammers .

Take care next time ....

Default hey chillax dude

Ya i read through the that article dude.Next time i would be careful of posting .But do gimme a feed about the proposed idea about which the post was actually.

Default Hmm dats an intrested thing

Hi robunence,

Why is this post not bieng replied to.seems an intresting post.

i guess introduction of such a robot like roomba in india would not be advisable because the roomba costs a whooping 250$ dats about 12k

And keeping in mind the cost i dont think indian families would be intrested in that robot,a maid would serve better.

I think all of u agree?Guys common open up and reply to this are u ppl thier??????????

Blog Entries

How many people in the US have a roomba at home??

Believe me .. not many...

It is not always the cost... It is the preference tooo...

People dont tend to prefer machines coming in their way when they walk...

And as always new technology is considered...Dangerous... by many people..

A house with children or/and pets (as in most houses) would never prefer the introduction of an autonomous machine in the house... dunno why... ignorance maybe...

A place like India.. where many people still dont have the basic comforts at their houses... would never go for a 12k ROOMBA.... they would buy a Rs.6/- "jhaadu" and do it themselves...

And those who do... believe a human is much more easy to give work to than a Robot... Moreover... who knows what a Robot is?? most of the indians (I believe nearly all of them!!) think(know) that a robot has hands and legs and walks and talks.....

I hope that is satisfactory enough...

Rao

Default Clarifications

Hi RAO,

sorry to tell u that you have got your figures very very wrong.if you say that there are not many users in U.S who use the roomba then please checkout once more coz irobot has sold 1 million pieces of roomba in 3 years,dats faster selling rate than any fridge or t.v.

1 million is 10 lakhs in 3 years. So approx 3 lakhs roomba per year thats like 30 thousand roombas per month,hence it cums to a thousand roombas bieng sold everyday. Now isnt that a whooping figure??????

And u say not many people have roomba....

ya regarding the indian feasibility we have this post.the price factor which u say here might be a factor as 12k is a bit too much.then wot do u people think would be a gud price in india for it to be affordable?

And regarding the query that people here dont understand wot robot are in india,ya dats true but until bn unless sum1 tells them how would they know.

And these days people have money as both the couples in thefamily are working but dont have time,so roomba is for those people who have money but no time so here ur rs 6 jhaadu fails....
    and ne other factors u think shud be incorporated?

Quote Originally Posted by rao
    Moreover... who knows what a Robot is?? most of the indians (I believe nearly all of them!!) think(know) that a robot has hands and legs and walks and talks.....Rao
    It's true rao, I myself experienced it !!

A lot of people asked me,

What was your project? It's a robot
    Hmm what all jobs it'll do? It's a walker, just walks on ground
    What size is it? It's 400x400mm
    Is it soooo small, I thought it's as big as you !!

This's just an example for what rao has said.

Regds

happy_99

Default sorry but i have a different opinion

Ya i agree with rao and happy that most people in india dont know about what robots really mean.

But the thing is as robunence said we have to let them know n clarify this myth.

Just for instance take a myth that aids spreads by sharing towels n water etc. this was the opinion of people before in india but now it has been cleared by an effort made my aids group.

Now in robotics thier are many myths which have to be cleared the same way.

But the whole point is whill roomba sell in india?

Maybe not for a price tag of 12k and just vacuuming the floors is not enough for indian people.they need sumthin that costs less and does more than vacuum maybe mop the floor like a bai?

Do u people agree over there?heeeeeelllllllooooooo are u all der???

cmon man participate...we are here to discuss not listen......

Default heloooooooo

helloooooooo where are the other people post now

Hi roboticists,
    The initial response might be poor. But the rich class of people and latest generation guys will be really looking forward to have them. With lots of noise about robots all over the world, people would really like to have robot as a status symbol. If we are able to build a robot as good as roomba and costing less than Rs.15000, then we might be able to sell around atleast 10000 robots in India in the first year provided we do good marketing and advertising. But manufacturing a robot of the type of roomba which is suitable for indian environment for less than Rs.15000 is a herculian task and will surely take atleast 2-3 years to develop it and market it. Anyway I'll be one of the first to buy a domestic help robot if it hits the indian market and costs less than Rs.20000.

subot_robot