Thread: at89c2051 programmer needed

Default at89c2051 programmer needed

Hey I went for AT90s1200, or AT90s8515 in Chandi Chowk, Kolkata but couldn't find one in any shop there, so I asked for the cheapest micro-con available and was given a at89c2051 at 40Rs. , now when I returned back home and looked for a programmer on the net , I couldnt find any decent one to be made by hand. I dont have any clues either for the software to use to load the programs into it.

I have gone through the Datasheet and the process of programming as to which pin should be set to high and which to low to program it and how to move to the next line , but how to do all this using the only 8 data pins of my printer port?

If you have any ideas about the Kolkata market do tell me where can I find nice Atmel micro-cons and cheap programmers.

I am a totally newbie to micro-cons so please help me selecting the micro-con along with its programmer (cheap one) and software to program it.

for 90s AVR uC's use AVRDUDE cost less than Rs.50
    just a parallel port cable and pair of wires

http://www.bsdhome.com/avrdude/

For 892051 use BlowIt programmer(I never tested it,but AVRDUDE i am using it usually)
    http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/8051/

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

Default anything as easy as AVRDUDE for at89c2051 ?

hey i looked at the AVRDUDE suggested by you and seriously its very very easy to work with, there are only five wires to be connected. Is there anything like that which can be done for the at89c2051 uC because I am not getting any at90sxxxx series uC in Kolkata.

Hey AT89s52 is available, will it be easier to program compared to AT89c2051? If it is then suggest me the link.....

Blog Entries

AT90XX series is outdated and has been replaced by the ATMEGA series ... for starters MEGA 8 packs quite a punch .

About AT89s52 and AT89c2051 - AT89s52 can be programmed very easily cause it supports ISP ( like most mega series ) . While the other one requires a complicated programmer to be built .

Programmer fr 89s http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-ser89.html ( 89s8252 )
    http://www.aec-electronics.co.nz/software.htm ( 89s52 )

Default error in programming

I tried the AEC software to program my AT89S52 using my parallel port, the programming started also but it gave error after writing two bytes in the flash. I tried it again but the same error occured, it says "Error writing flash!"

I was doing it without an external oscillator, tell me was that error due to lack of external osciallator? I had left the XLAT pins open not connected to anything. I had given +5V as Vcc using a SMPS. If it requires an external oscillator then which one should I take and what frquency? 4MHz-25MHz is the given value in its datasheet. I tried reading the flash and it shows those two bytes written also. I started writing my program from 0500H, has this anything to do from the error?

Default error in programming

I tried the AEC software to program my AT89S52 using my parallel port, then programming started also but I gave error after writing two bytes in the flash. I tried it again but the same error occured, it says "Error writing flash!"

I was doing it without an external oscillator, tell me was that error due to lack of external osciallator? I had left the XLAT pins open not connected to anything. I had given +5V as Vcc using a SMPS. If it requires an external oscillator then which one should I take and what frquency? 4MHz-25MHz is the given value in its datasheet. I tried reading the flash and it shows those two bytes written also. I started writing my program from 0500H, has this anything to do from the error?

Senior Member Android

Yes, it requires an external crystal…it’s not gonna work without it!!