Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed in robotics!

Default Help needed in robotics!

Hi guys!
    i am manjot singh from thapar institute of engg. and technology and robotics is a very interested topic here in our college but the problem is that we dont have any robotics department in college and get hardly any help from the college.. so please guide me as i am planning to organise a robotics workshop in the college by appins,delhi....

hey manjot,
    i have recently joined the site & i have come to know that "ice" here is an experienced person in robotics . u can try to get his help.

hey thnx ashu!
    ill contact him.. cant write nymore as broke one handd today...
    nyways thank

contact Mr Amitaba Mukurjee iit k i am sure he will help you.

Member Advanced User

Default re : Help needed in robotics!

Hi manjot

This is Sandeep from L. D. Cllege of Engg., Ahmedaad. I am organizing a robotics club in our college and it haves about 40 members. If ur planning 2 do so it would be a good step. We dont have any facilities provided by college and also no support, so we do it in our own way. I recently organized a workshop for new guys of fist & second year and they learned to make good line followers. You can even start with basics and line followers, for any help contact me.

Default thx sandeep!

hi how are u doing . nice to hear frm u . i feel that we r thinking in ythe same direction as we in our college are planning to have a robotics workshop and start a robotics club . we are trying to arrange the workshop through Appin knowledge Solutions based in Delhi. But we r facing some problems as the people in appin are not negotiating on the cost matters and the expected cost that we are getting is about rs 4500 per person and three students will be making a line follower and some controls with remotes too... can you just visit apinonline.com and tell me should we go ahead with it or not?
    how did you guys planned a workshop there????
    please mail me at Write2manjot@gmail.com and mail me your number too..

Member Advanced User

I think 4500 is a much higher cost, a simple but good robot for start can be made under 500. For rc control, the circuits are available in rc cars, they are easy to use in your vehicles. For line followers we used a light detector circuit with 741 and ldr. We just made the circuit pcbs in bulk and the rest things are easy with geared motors. U can do many things. Google on line follower and you will get a large no. of good links.

Default The Problem!

hi sandeep!
    yar we know about the stuff associated with the line follower but the problem here in our college is that if we teach the students about robotics no one will turn up! as all think that it will be just a waste of money as they need a experienced faculty for it.... so we contacted the appin people but as you know the cost is too much... how did you went with the workshop?????
    yourself or called some faculty????
    we have made two or three line followers past month and are working on to go to next step...
    but you know i wanted to have a robotics club in our college and the barriers are to be overcomed and its difficult here to convince even the robotics freaks in our college as their thinking is that nothing can happen in our college... so tell me should we teach them ourselves or call some faculty???
    if you advise calling of some faculty then whom else should i contact if you know???? it should be cheap.. like if it is till 1ooo bucks then it can be a hit in our college...
    reply at Write2manjot@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Default re: Help needed in robotics!

mj,
    you dont need 4k5 bucks for robotics. Most of the guys want some hi funda stuff, but you may be wasting time and money on some 'kit'.
    Best way is to impress your friends with some working robots. build some and just try out in the corridor, canteen and/or organise a seminar on the robot. Most guys will follow when they SEE something!!

docel
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member T-1000

if we teach the students about robotics no one will turn up! as all think that it will be just a waste of money as they need a experienced faculty for it...
    Your mistaken...as docel said ...make a working robot,they'll flock..
    Put it up in your posters.."Will show Live Machine"...

Well you can make robots under 500...but if you go purchasing stuff from shops..cost shoots....

Down here in Mumbai,we got a place where the whole of the city dumps it's dead electronics..and you know what you can get from dead electronics....yup.. a lot of live stuff.

If you would like to give a presentation,you can have a look at my site for "Basic Robotics "...You can show it up,provided you a give a courtesy.