Thread: internet controlled bot

Default internet controlled bot

hi folks,

wat bout making an internet controlled robot.is it easy to make a robot wida webcam to give the feedback and control

the pan controller of ip cams are internet ready

Member User

atually made the exact thing using my logitech camera as a feedback element, moounted on my robo and givin images to nyone accessing my webpage.
    not very tough to do.

regards
    FIRE IN THE WIRE

wired or wireless, i saw wifi cameras real expensive.

Member User

wireless....no way i can afford that.
    it was a simple 1100 rupees logitech usb camera givin images to the server pc and the video streaming done from the server to anyone's pc who wanna actually control the bot.
    there the end user after seeing the live video is actually controlling the bot.

regards
    FIRE IN THE WIRE

are u using the parallel port to control the bot?
    what language is the software/website in?

hi Mexx,
    I was wondering if there is any resource that I can refer to, if I want to build something like that from scratch. If I had no clue on how to build on, is there any resources ? And whats ur website, maybe I can have a glance at it.
    Thanks.

Member User

hi guys

i used pic micro on the bot. the program for pic micro is written in assembly.the project was completed in 2 stages with first stage leading to the control of bot from pc with control interface made in vb.
    In the second stage,first of all i implemented a simple chat program in vb.The things were easier after that. Thereafter controlled the bot from another pc on my LAN.after that came the website part which i did in vbscript+some activex for webcam feedback and controlling.
    the only limitation for anyone wanting to control the bot is the person has to lower his security settings and ignore some prompts about unsafe software.

regards
    FIRE IN THE WIRE