Thread: explain basic working of ultrasonic sensor

Default explain basic working of ultrasonic sensor

hi,
    i did go through the forum.i had some questions,can any one tell me,how the ultrasonic transducer work,i know it emits 40khz above signal but if i want to desighn a transmitter do i have to apply 40khz signal to the ultrasonic trasducer that are localy avilable or just give it supply voltage and rest it dose by itself.
    and what is the output of the ultrasonic reciver trasducer, is it a digital 1 and 0 or the same signal as i transmitted,also how much aplification is enough,for sensing.
    say i want to use it for sensing distance 5 - 10 meters.
    and any specific ultrasonic trasducer number available in pune market
    thanking you
    rohit

Blog Entries

Rohit

This is getting irritating now...

It seems you dont wanna search the forums..

this is your previous post..

http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php...ght=ultrasonic

this is the answer..

http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php...ght=ultrasonic

took me less than 3 secs to find..

please! go through the forum search first and then ask..

Rao

HI,
    DONT THINK THIS WAS THE RIGHT WAY TO ANSWER,I HAD READ ALL THAT BUT STILL WAS NOT EXACTLY CLEAR,ABT THAT.
    OK BY

Default Ultrasonic

Hey.... kooolllll....

Actually i dont have a exact.. first hand experince with ultrasonic sensors... ...

i know it emits 40khz above signal but if i want to desighn a transmitter do i have to apply 40khz signal to the ultrasonic trasducer that are localy avilable or just give it supply voltage and rest it dose by itself.
    You need to send the 40Khz pulse by your self.... and it produces the pulse... it can be drives upto 20V..... So the It is very handy to use a Rs-232 level converter...(Max 232)...else you can use it with a not gate and pump voltage....(use max 232...)

is it a digital 1 and 0 or the same signal as i transmitted
    you will be buzzing the tranducer and you will get a echo... n after amplification....shape the wave form...and need to compare with a comparator....

how much amplification is enough,for sensing
    1000 yeah... so be care full with noise.... it plays a big role.... using a bread board is not a good choice.... even while testing

say i want to use it for sensing distance 5 - 10 meters.
    and any specific ultrasonic trasducer number available in pune market
    it works fine upot 7m without any problem... you can get it from OM elec in banglore...just send them money in courier... they can send you in courier... it costed me about 250 bugs in T.N..

reply if any queries....

BTW.. Rao... dont be harsh to people

Quasar....

Default links

i forgot to append links....

http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_pic6_6.htm the explanation ios really gooood.. go thru it....

http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/d...ts/t400s16.pdf data sheet of the tranducer used in srfs....

Quasar....

hey quasar,

realy thanks for that explanation, i will try out the thing and will post the results as soon as i complete.
    thanks again
    rohit

Blog Entries

NOt being harsh..

moderating a forum is tough job.. and the guy posts up two different topics on the same issue..

he could have reposted on the earlier topic stating that the answer given on the forums was not enough..

being harsh would have been deleting the new topic..

Sorry anyways..

Rao