Thread: 8051 usb interface

Hybrid View

Default 8051 usb interface

Hi...,

same old 8051 rocks once again....

just plug it in.. no need of any 3.3 voltage reference.... no need of extra high speed oscillator..blah... blah.... plug it in...

Made by ST.. but still 8051 Core.... what else can be....

USB 2.0 full-speed (12 Mbps)

Main flash: 64KB, 128KB or 256KB

2nd flash: 8KB or 32KB

4KB or 8KB SRAM w/ battery backup
    On-chip debug via JTAG

Fast 16-bit wide internal instruction path

Dual-independent Flash memories for in-application programming and EEPROM emulation

On-chip programmable logic

Enhanced Programmable Counter Array (PCA) .... upto 5 chanel pwm

I2C, UART, SPI and IrDA interfaces

8-ch 10-bit ADC

Koool piece of hardware..... compare it with 18f4550, (I didnt see any AVR with USB)...

8051 rocks......

Quasar
    If Hubble's law for the expansion of the universe is extrapolated to include the quasars, they would be many billion light-years away and consequently as luminous intrinsically as 1,000 galaxies combined.

Blog Entries

Old news

one question ... who sells uPSD3400 india and at what price?

About the avr thing ... avr had usb support loong time back. A lowend 2313/mega8 avr can support usb 1.1 ( check the avr website for details ) .

please get facts right before making such posts .

No uC is perfect and there are a 1000 varietys there ... but avr gives you minimum startup cost with minimal soldering .

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    one question ... who sells uPSD3400 india and at what price?
    well... will reply u soon regarding this...

About the avr thing ... avr had usb support loong time back. A lowend 2313/mega8 avr can support usb 1.1 ( check the avr website for details ) .
    ooops i am sorrry.... I wonder why simple googling wasnt revealing it.... nyway

No uC is perfect and there are a 1000 varietys there ... but avr gives you minimum startup cost with minimal soldering .
    Well.... there are 1000 varities....... for u to choose the best for ur application... let us say.... mmmh...

u want to have a ultrahighspeed micrcontroller use 100mips from silabs
    u want to a usb host then use it from PLX
    u want to have on board data encryption use dallas
    u want to have 24 bit adc again use silabs

all of them use same old 8051

u have varities... u have choice......

Quasar.....
    If Hubble's law for the expansion of the universe is extrapolated to include the quasars, they would be many billion light-years away and consequently as luminous intrinsically as 1,000 galaxies combined.

Member Android

USB 2.0 full-speed (12 Mbps)
    12 Mbps is USB 1.1
    USB 2.0 supports 480 Mbps

Default its full speed not high speed

Quote Originally Posted by lhx
    12 Mbps is USB 1.1
    USB 2.0 supports 480 Mbps
    well... usb1.1 is 12 Mbps....
    But.. I have mentioned as Full speed.... Full speed means 12 Mbpsin usb 2.0.... and Only High speed means 480 Mbps........

Quasar

Member Android

yea, but whats the use of 2.0 if you get the same speed as 1.1

Default full speed.. 8 bit..

As far as i see... there are no 8 bit genral purpose microcontroller.... providing high speed interface... correct me if i am wrong..... I think full speed is more than enough for the 8bit appication...

But there are always need for for the high bandwidth... IEEE394b (Firewire by apple) supports whoooping 800Mbps... and 1.2 gbps is in devloment mode... to deployed soon...

Quasar...