Thread: Sunday market : Bangalore

Default Sunday market : Bangalore

Hi,

Yesterday I had been to sunday market in bagalore. Bought many motors, plastic gears and plastic cars for casing..
    I paid 150 for 11 motors( dc + stepper), a toy car and 3 old CD drives.

I hope that was Ok.

Most of them are in working condition..

Time : Starts at around 8:00 am.
    Other things : Hardware tools, electronic items, cloths, shoes and cheap toys....

If you go late you may not get place for parking your vehicle...

Regards

Hi,
    Is there any similar Sunday market or something in Hyderabad where I can by dc and stepper motors and other stuffs at throw away price?

Regards
    Subot_Robot

You can also get similar things in Delhi Chore market... sunday.. these dayz i heared shop 629 is having rugged metal geared dc motors...he normally has a plastic geared dc motor in which shaft is not meshed accrately withthe gears.... ny it was good....

Morre market in chennai u can find different kinds of stepper motors and even geared dc motor if u r lucky enuf

In madurai u can find only stepper motor under a bridge(i forgot the name)

in blore there was a area bamboo market or something near that u can find a scrap shop... with koool motors.... but sunday market is a helluva place... u can find driller... mother board... cd drive... floppy drive.... at a throw away place....

In pune also there was a kind of scrap market one of my freind able to get a 24V AC timing motor that rotate around once a day.. or ..once a hour(i forget things a lot...)

ny ways.... there must be a place like this in mumbai....other than lamington road...some body in mumbai can throw light about it.....

Quasar....
    If Hubble's law for the expansion of the universe is extrapolated to include the quasars, they would be many billion light-years away and consequently as luminous intrinsically as 1,000 galaxies combined.

Hi,

In Hyderabad there is this bazaar on Sunday evenings around the Charminar. You get lots of cheap toy cars, old cell phones,old circuit boards, some hand tools and a few motors. The motors available there arent great but you get very good prices on old cell phone batteries (the NiMH rechargable type).
    There is a similar bazaar near the Charminar on Thursdays called the Jumera Bazaar, its supposed to be much better with way more stuff. I've havent been able to go there (classes, attendance shortage...), but from what I heard its well worth a try. If you do go there and find some good stuff, please let me know.

Supario

Senior Member T-1000

Default sunday mkt

yeah parasa....
    it is a gr8 place to be for motors and old cd drives
    and the prices r as low as it can get.
    still i couldn get good and strong dc motors.
    does anyone has any idea about where to get them except from ambika co.
    if u thought u r the only mad person on the planet.......u got serious competition here

Thank u Supario, I am new to Hyderabad. I'll surely let u know about the stuffs available if I go to these bazaars. Please let me know if u know where I can get good geared dc motors (new) with good torque. Thanks

Regards
    Subot_robot

Default ny shop in chandigarh

guys
    i am a robotics enthusiast frm chandigarh
    however the thing taht is killing me is that there is no such markets in chandigarh
    nylon gears are unheard of or very very expensive
    stepper motors ery difficult to find
    only 1 scrap shop has it and it too charges 100 buks for old unipolar steppers
    man y dnt the gud stuff come down here
    we gotta go to delhi everest n all n tat too doesnt have gud gearheads
    gt 1 for 275 buks!!
    quite expensive
    dunno when the sun will rise in chd

Junior Member User

wow, same methods around the world.
    in my city (belgrade, serbia) we have several "marketplaces" mostly beside green markets and a flea-market.
    found many beautiful dumpster-fished thingies there, few days ago i bought two large steppers for something like a quarter of an euro, and that was a ripoff! i have a deal with that guy to buy four more bipolar four wire ones, for even lower price this saturday.
    i bought a 48k sinclair spectrum for an euro, it is currently in the process of reanimation, my hopes are high.
    can anyone tell me a good salvage source for plastic gears? (except vcr's and printers)