Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small 12v batteries needed..

Senior Member T-1000

Default small 12v batteries needed..

hi guys,
    i m making micromouse for yantriki.....
    problem is that i m not getting gud small 12v batteries with high ampere hour.....
    if anyone has any idea, jus lemme know.
    if u thought u r the only mad person on the planet.......u got serious competition here

Default hi dude

u have mentioned abt ur micromouse and the battery for it.cud you be a bit more specific abt it? like wot is the ampere ratin ur lookin for and wot are the dimensions n wieght of the batteries reqd......and the budget u have for it....

answer these questions and i mite be able to help you.

Well i want something around 3Ah @ 12 V with weight less than 1/2 kg and size ........well my micromouse is 9cmX6cm so you only suggest some suitable size.

Default hi

read you requirements..... sounds pretty demanding....well a micromouse with this kinda current rating could u just elaborate y do u nee dthese kinda power requirement....

and you havent mentioned your budget u can spend upon coz dat will be the deciding factor in choosing a battery

Senior Member T-1000

well i m using steppers, two of dem... and they r always power hungry.
    runs satisfactorily only at 12v.
    then i ve got many sonars and electronic compass for the job, and they do consume a gud deal of current....
    and above all we want a battery which we can use for testing for long durations and not only for 10 mins of the game.
    money is not an issue.....jus lemme know the place from where i can get such a battery in india.
    if u thought u r the only mad person on the planet.......u got serious competition here

Hi,
    You can try with 10 1.2volts 2100 mA AA Ni-Cd rechargable batteries. As for the total weight of 10 batteries I am not sure. You can stack them anyway u want around the robot body. but still the power requirement is very high for the size of the robot. If possible try to use stepper motors which consume less current.

Regards
    Subot_robot

Senior Member T-1000

thanks for the info...
    we have kept tat option as our last choice....
    please suggest some batteries of these ratings if u know...
    thnx

Hey that stacking up the battery, if that option is to be considered then I am getting cells of capacity 2800mAh @ 1.2 Volts, but i dont wanna stack them as my micromouse is very compact.

I thought of puttin Handycam battery pack , that has a capacity of around 4.5Ah @ 12V or a laptop battery if I can get a lighter one.

Do you guys have any further idea, any more devices I can rip which can provide me goob battery packs.

Default hi

stacking up wud be the better option but if you are really bothered abt the wieght then wot i suggest is to go for lithium ion batteries ie if money isnt a constartint for you.

if u want to stack other kinda batteries go for the ni-mh varieties n not the ni-cad as ni-cad has memory problems...

ni-mh or ni-cad would be vailibe or can be arranged ....

Senior Member T-1000

u gimme the link or some contact no. of any person from whom i can get those batteries....
    money is no issue at all... i m gettin my project sponsored....

or even better, gimme the product no.