Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POST YOUR CIRCUITS!

Blog Entries

Default POST YOUR CIRCUITS!

HI folks.
    A lot of time and effort is wasted solving your problems through words. A diagram will speak volumes and reduce debug time. Otherwise, threads will run into PAGES with no relevant returns.
    Nobody can visualise the complex circuit you have brewed sitting in front of a PC screen. Neither can you yourself.
    Upload your circuit!
    This will give you more benefits:
    1. You might solve the problem yourself as you trace the connections.
    2. Make you 'document' the project, which is very useful....day after tomorrow!
    3. Remember the circuit.
    4. Achive results in a very short time, and get along to better projects.

Being secretive abt your project will only prolong your agony. No need, since whatever you are doing HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, elsewhere!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

yes wht docel said is correct

I found no one put their project and troubleshootings in their site

they just put their name and some copy paste from net.

Why can't they put all the things and some explanation and wht r the problems they faced.

I agree with ur statement that wht the project we are doing, it is done by someone before u

That is always sure.

Now see the robotics in India, Maximum it reached upto micromouse and how many had done it.

As a B.tech Student normally one starts all these things from mostly 2 or 3 year or so and end in final yr or end of 6 sem.
    Wht they did is very less, we had to discover the steps of wht others had done, if u don't have a good guide, thus wasting lot of time and the projects done become less

See the posts in the forum, it is mostly uC related. A student's B.tech life end with these less doings and only a less people continue it.

So i request u if u do any project put ur ckts, problems and troubleshooting, cost all these in ur website or in the forum

Any comments abt this are welcome

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

Senior Member Android

Nice...idea guys, what all you said is all true.

Hey...but sometime I feel lazy enough to draw those schematic and write long description...hope you don't pick up my habit....

Keep posting....

Blog Entries

woohoo!!!

kudos to docel for pointing that out..

and I would like to add one more thing..

some of the folks here have it seems developed "mental circuit simulators"
    as they even without attempting anything talk about the pros and cons of circuits they wanna work with.. so either work first ask problems later or share the mental simulation software....

Rao

Hey guys I am the one among the few you all are pointing towards......

Well I never posted any circuit's complaints without trying them , but yes I never made a circuit diagram, I simply sit with the components and the soldering iron and a mental map of what all pins are to be soldered and how ....

But somtimes it happens due to the way you start off, I being a comp sci. student drifted towards making circuits only due to robotics. So I started off as I wished without following any rules, no one to monitor me and no support related to robotics present in my college at that time.

Today I am soldering a full fledged motherboard for my robot with an ISP , 2 motor controllers, 4 stepper motor control, two on board comparators for Ir leds and few more open ports for sonars and all are buffered ports , all this without any circuit diagram in front ! But now I am used to it and it works also!!

I know its incorrect but can't help it, Old habits die hard and sometimes they dont die too.

I wrote all this to tell you that many do it out of laziness but many get into it due to some other reasons, which are genuine.

As Yogi pointed

As a B.tech Student normally one starts all these things from mostly 2 or 3 year or so and end in final yr or end of 6 sem.
    Wht they did is very less, we had to discover the steps of wht others had done, if u don't have a good guide, thus wasting lot of time and the projects done become less

See the posts in the forum, it is mostly uC related. A student's B.tech life end with these less doings and only a less people continue it.
    What I wrote is also some problems faced by us "The Indian Students".

Still I would tell all the people starting off that never make a habit like the one I am carrying because it un-necessarily creates loss of precious time.

Moreover , apart from the circuit diagrams , please post your codes also (with lots of comments) if you are facing any problem related to the software.

Blog Entries

Default Post your circuits

Hi guys!
    1. Dev, There's always a first time for anything. I believe in one thing: Don't say things out loud- thats a full-stop, chapter closed, Finis. When you say "i'm like that, then you remain that way!
    Thers everything to gain by being a little meticulous. None of us have the memory to remember things AFTER weve finished with it.
    Now, if you want to do it again.....? Thats when everything becomes vague. Lets say you want to help someone out next sem: You'll be surprised! What is now clear in your memory will elude you. That is when you'll realise you should have made notes!
    The idea of documentation is never more stressed. That is what you will do (and will be required to do) in any job, after college.
    If you do it for somebodyelse's job (employer), then why not for yourself?
    Nobody will believe you when you say you did it but dont remember how!
    Efficient job is one which has good planning, notes, documentation and storage of the same.
    I'll bet your MicroMouse for mine you'll never remember the details of your last 25 posts, 6 months from now!

2. The Forums are for a group to help and share knowledge/expertise with each other. This is a 2-way learn-as-u-teach method. May be show-off a little too.
    3. The idea should be to "DO" things. Advise should also not border on confusing others or an intent to discourage others from "being Practical"
    There are 23 "ready made" posts, to date, which are doing this very thing.
    4. I must teach a man how to fish, not give him a fish, I shouldn't advise a homescience student to 'buy' ready made food!
    5. When everybody ASKS and nobody SHOWS....Thats a little funny.
    6. There are plenty of dead-end posts here: nobody has bothered to acknowledge the help, have dissappeared or have done things silently, AFTER PICKING EVERYBODYS BRAINS !

This is not wrong. Its not fair either.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member Android

Default Re: Post your circuits

Quote Originally Posted by docel
    6. There are plenty of dead-end posts here: nobody has bothered to acknowledge the help, have dissappeared or have done things silently, AFTER PICKING EVERYBODYS BRAINS !
    Ya...thats a good point, alteast they should reply even if they can't make it work. We cannot put those post for future reference....and a new topic raising the same issue pop up again... :cry: :cry:

Blog Entries

as far as pointing is concerned..

devpriya, addy and some other folks are a few who take pains to answer many questions which dont get replies and I am pretty impressed with that attitude.. I am pointing the 50 odd msgs per day in my inbox which ask me for direct schematics and those who talk about the problems faced by other people in attempts which are yet to be taqken.. so dev.. you are my buddy and you ask good questions apart from the L293D which I have been getting nightmares of for the past 2 years of our launch..

and as far as no reply to some posts is concerned.. I am no oracle I know of stuff which I have worked on and not of stuff I havent worked on.. even I await replies of some posts by people to learn more..

I hope this chain doesnt end up into a huge fight or something

Rao

Hi Rao, Docel, Jack and all others in this post .........

Guys this was a really good issued raised up and I just showed you my view

Hey Docel , this documentation thing I used to hate a lot but now I have finally done my first documentation for the robot which I made for IIT Shaastra and yes it gives me a great pleasure when I look at it.

It is really very helpful, I just refer to the diagrams in it and replicate the circuits, so making replicas of at least those circuits is not at all difficult for me now.

I totally agree with this documentation and circuit diagram thing, but look how I did it . I first completed the project, and when it was almost a month or two after that competition and I felt like losing all the circuits then only I penned down all this to keep it intact in my memory. So again when I felt like losing it then only I wrote it.

I am writing all this so that anybody starting off if they read this posts then may be they will see that I tried to do away with all this but again came back to the basics.

And Rao its a healthy discussion yaar , never seemed like a quarrel or fight...........We all are like friends now, chatting for past six months or so

And Docel , no more "like me"............lol

Senior Member T-1000

late to join this discussion.....
    Nobody will believe you when you say you did it but dont remember how!
    SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all d hard work in drain?????????

That is when you'll realise you should have made notes!
    The idea of documentation is never more stressed. That is what you will do (and will be required to do) in any job, after college.

i jus completed my documentation of virtuoso, a mine detecting robo which i made for shaastra....
    its a gud thing to keep lookin into and be happy. :P
    if u thought u r the only mad person on the planet.......u got serious competition here