Thread: Strange AVR programmer

Member User

Default Strange AVR programmer

Hi guys...I'm having a strange problem with my AVR parallel port programmer...It's working perfectly on my pc running windows xp and with ponyprog...however, on my frnds pc with the same os and same version of ponyprog, the programmer is not even detected (mind it, the same hardware)...we checked for the settings and the only difference is in the settings of the LPT port...that too only of the address...mine is 0x378 while my frnd's is 0x3BC...

Pls if someone has earlier encountered such a prob, pls help us..and tell the way to resolve it.

Thanks

first there is probs with motherboard
    mine is 845gvsr, i can acess parallel port, but mine is Intel915( i am not remembering much). Parallel port is not working on that.

First u try for manual parallel port operation. You can change the options in the programmer to LPT2 if adress is 0x3BC. See in makefile of WinAVR

I think it is better to go to BIOS and change the parallel port address. Tell which motherboard u use

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

install userport,that may solve ur problem.

Member User

Thanks for ur support

BTW the motherboard is 845gvsr...and USERPORT also didn't help...pls help if neone got some other way out

thanks

I told u try to change the address.Make parallel port address = 0x378
    Go to Bios, go to peripheral devices, make parallel port address = 0x378

or u change option of winAVR to LPT2( i think). I use 845GVSR motherboard with BSD avrdude programmer. It works fine for me.

Is there is any probs with cable,loose connection, voltages. Using lpt.exe(get from yahoo gp- parallelport) see the parallel port is working or not.

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

Go to BIOS and enable bi-directional control for the parallel port , may be this helps !!!!!

Member User

Thanks again...well the problem is finally resolved...just set from the BIOS for the parallel port something beter than just BIDIRECTIONAL....maybe the hardware doesn't suppot the BIDIRECTIONAL mode..so we selected EPP (SPP also works)...just do this and the programmer works...

Thanks all

keep Embedding