Thread: microcontroller not responding

Default microcontroller not responding

hi guys

i made a line follower robot using ATmega8535.during practise one of motor suddenly stopped .on checking i found uc is not giving output at enable pin.it is not working.
    now when i go for reprogram uc ,it is not responding.
    what do i think? is my uc has burnt?

Which programmer u use.
    Tell the specification of ur line follower robo. Tell abt the voltage and current ratings u used.

If uC not responding it can be fault of programmer or it has burnt. See for voltage variation when u connect the uC in programmer. I had one Pic16f628a which i bought one yr back. When i try to program it, the light of the adapter fades, means it draws high current. Then I can guess tht it was burnt.

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

i am using avrdude.
    voltage i gave is 5v and current rating is 0.5 amp.
    i had also try to program with T51 programmer, but it gives device fusebits error.avrdude shows device is not responding.
    i have programmed other uc mega8515 with the same programmer,is working well.

Sushil I would suggest you to make a separate programmer ( let it be ISP ) , and then check it, may be the circuit which you were using has so many other connections too thats why it is not working.

Try making a separate circuit for programmer only and not on bread board, solder it and then check it out.

hey dev,i did,what u told but result is same.
    again it shows device is not responding.although my other uc being programmed with the same programmer.
    Now i think i have lost my uc. :cry:

My sympathy with you............