Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: servo motor for bipedal robot

hey a servo motor for rs 300 just not possible.

i searched from the lajpat nagar market in delhi to the laminton road in mumbai but all my attempts were in vain.

actually it is not possible to get the servos from the robotics shops or any such shops.

pankaj even i am making a biped in my final year project..

i am using the s-71 and standard servo motors.

i searched the market for around 2 months for the servos.and you dont do this foolish thing.

Actually the servos start with a price tag of 675 rs and go upto 3600 rs which are presently available in the market with a little and more variations

What you can do is contact a aeronautical club which is involved in making aircraft models.. you can use that servos which are used in there rudder.

Even my project has got sponsersered that s why i am able to manage it..
    Just let me know if you need any sorts of helps.

and please tell me if you are using the parallel port for controlling the legs of the biped.\

because i am complete with the design part but i am facing problem with the connectivity with the parallel port.
    .bye
    jitendra bansal

Member Advanced User

Hi,
    If the problem is with the interfacing of parallel port, then you can go through this pdf. This is a jwell.

http://www.beyondlogic.org/spp/parallel.pdf

You may also go through the book "parallel port complete" Penram publication mumbai, by Jan Axelson

Blog Entries

Default biped

Hi guys!!
    Bipeds ( the robotic kind) generally move their legs from one stop position to another. Lots of people buy expensive Servos and mangle them to use as plain gear-motors.
    A simple gear motor with a CamShaft drive may be sufficient. Turning etc can be achieved by selective PWM of the relevant turn-side motor. or fast Fwd-Rev switching the gear motors (Time-scaled Fwd-Rev.sequencing).
    This will take care of all types of locomotion that can be achieved, with a lower financial outlay.

Precise control of the legs is not necessary unless you have an all terrain walker with dynamic balance correction, AI....which, is ofcourse, a RichieRich capable dream biped.

There are plenty of 'other' methods of driving the legs of a biped.....with a little pocket and lots of imagination and innovation.

Servos are NOT the ultimate drives for a Biped Walker!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

hi frenz ,
    i enquired in India Hobby centre,mumbai,
    The servo motor costs Rs1350
    Futaba-3003
    Rating-speed.23sec/60deg
    torque-3.2kg
    seems a descent one....
    -pankaj

Member Advanced User

Hi pankajrisc,
    do they have some high speed servos, through which i can have the torque of around 1 kg at nearly 1000 rpms.

hi, you can bye standard futaba servo from a online shop www.robokits.org it is just for rs. 850. I think that is the best and cheapest option. i tried hard to get a futaba motor but no shops generally have them.

hi,
    I got mine from hertz systems, chennai
    pretty good stuff, imported they have 1.6kg.cm, 2.4kg,3.5kg,10kg and 12kg, analog and digital. these are towerpro or yeah servo's.
    Not very low priced, but good buy.

Default Bipedal Robo

Dear all,

I have built a biped robo with Futaba Servo.., i imported it from US, we completed the project with a vision system using a web camera, we also had a bluetooth interface system to interface with laptop for sending control signals.

As some 1 said in the forum first thing you have to do is to make the mathematical model but actualy its not that easy making the model, hence i suggest you Visual Nastran Desktop 4D. its a very easy software you first decide on the Degree of motion and make a simulation model in the software, you will have to decide what all are the positions that the robo should follow known as walking gaits, then you can go 4 the actualy model with light weight sheet metal, (again i suggest first try your creation in cardboard just the model and then go for sheet metal and other things.)

regarding motor i agree that servos are not actualy required but it definitely makes your life easier. We used ordinary 8051 to control the servos the main commands in our robo was coming from the laptop which actualy refreshes the registry values in the microprocessor.

making a biped is realy interesting and will realy enjoy each bit of it.
    I am interested in helping anyone who needs help reagrding biped robots, i myself is planning to build a better version of my previous one

Default Shops

hi,
    can anyone suggest me shops where i can buy servo motors.

Blog Entries

robokits has discontinued Servo Motors , you will have to buy them from

http://paylessflymore.com/product.as...s&name2=Servos

right now the cheapest place to get them from.
    Vikas Patial