Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any shop to buy FeCl3 and PCB from?

Default Any shop to buy FeCl3 and PCB from?

Hello everyone,
    Does anyone know of any shop where I can buy FeCL3 and unetched PCBs from, in Delhi.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    dragonofages

Member Android

HI,
    If any one knows please add this info to Shops Listing in wiki section

Lets keep the Wiki upto date with loads of information. This is a best place to keep things current.

sorry I am from b'lore.. no idea about delhi.

Hi
    you should be able to find unetched PCB in majority of the electronic shops and FeCl2 in shops that sells chemicals for college labs. Go for hexahydrate FeCl2.

Regards
    Subot.robot

Thanks for your reply.
    I think I know some places in Delhi (Malkaganj, Bunglow Road area. They sell scientific instruments and might also be selling chemicals), which might be selling laboratory grade chemicals. But I thought that these might be extra pure (and expensive). I wanted some PCB etchant grade chemicals. As I don't know much about them, kind clarify if I am wrong.
    Another query. I have heard that FeCl3 is hazardous. Can anyone give me some safe disposal hints for the chemical?
    Thanks again.
    Regards.
    Dragonofages

Dilute the FeCl2 solution with lots of water. Flush lots of chasing water through the drain after u have disposed it through the drain. It can cause permanent stains on cloth and may cause slight burns or stains on skin.
    I used FeCl2 hexahydrate from dealer who supplies chemicals for labs and other sources. Don't go for cheap anhydrous FeCl2 available at some electronic shops. It is not effective. Google around a bit and u'll get lots of information.

Thanks for the really useful suggestions Mr. subot_robot. It will help me quite a lot.
    I am confused with one thing. Some website say FeCl3 is good for etching. Of course FeCl2 can also be used. And FeCl3 looks (and it is) a bit more toxic. So it is due to this reason you use FeCl2, not FeCl3? Or any other?
    Please do reply.
    And thanks once again for good suggestion.

I am sorry for confusion between FeCl2 and FeCl3. I used ferric chloride hexahydrate (FeCl3.6H2O) It worked worked pretty well for me.

Thanks Mr. subot_robot. That clears my doubt. Thanks everyone for replying. I will try to get a laboratory grade sample and see how it works. Thanks once again.
    Regards
    Dragonofages

Blog Entries

has anyone tried NaCl or table salt instead of HCl for the FeCl3 solution??

Blog Entries

This is late...but there are a lot of shops that deal with unetched PCB boards in Lajpat Rai.. one is shop 80 Ahuja Electronics...

Rao